• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Runtime error 13 "Object Mismatch"

Started by MaDDoG(DA1), January 19, 2005, 05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaDDoG(DA1)

Does anyone know what would be causeing this with my bot. This only happens to other people whom i have sent my bot too, and i do not see any trouble in my code. Does anyone have an idea about what might be causing this?

Hdx

First off, What bot is it? @nd off, make suere to put oiption explicit at the top of all your mods/frms itll help. and 3rd Whats the code for when they get the error? (EXA: Form_Load())
E-mail me the bot and i'll look at it.
~-~(HDX)~-~
[email protected]

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

UserLoser.

My idea is only that an object is mismatching with another object

Yegg

Or maybe you didn't send them a needed OCX/DLL file?

Blaze

I'm guessing thats its your getstuff not being able to find the config that they haven't created yet, but you have.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

MaDDoG(DA1)

It happens when they load the bot heres what my code for form load

varUsername = GetStuff("Demonic", "Username")
varPassword = GetStuff("Demonic", "Pass")
varServer = GetStuff("Demonic", "Server")
varCDKey = GetStuff("Demonic", "Key")
varLODKey = GetStuff("Demonic", "Key2")
varHomechannel = GetStuff("Demonic", "Home")
varProduct = GetStuff("Demonic", "Client")
varMaster = GetStuff("Demonic", "Master")
varGreet = GetStuff("Demonic", "Greet")
varWhisperGreet = GetStuff("Demonic", "Whisper Join Greet On")
varBotTrigger = GetStuff("Demonic", "BotTrigger")
'txtRealm.Text = GetStuff("Demonic", "Realm")
varLeaveGreet = GetStuff("Demonic", "Leave Greet")
varPingBan = GetStuff("Demonic", "Ping Ban")
varLgreet = GetStuff("Demonic", "Leave Greet On")
varPublicGreet = GetStuff("Demonic", "Join Greet Public On")
varGreet = GetStuff("Demonic", "Greet")
varIdle = GetStuff("Demonic", "Idle Message")
varIdleOn = GetStuff("Demonic", "Idle On")
varIdleTime = GetStuff("Demonic", "Idle Time")

Yegg

But is the file that getstuff is retrieving data from in the same directory as the bot?

Banana fanna fo fanna

GetStuff has to be the most crappily named, crappily designed function every created.

MaDDoG(DA1)

CrAz3D

Make sure, when distributing your bot, you give the user all of the need dependecy file thingies.  (ie CleanSlateBot.OCX, richtx32,OCX or w/e & so on)
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

BaDDBLooD

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on January 19, 2005, 08:43 PM
GetStuff has to be the most crappily named, crappily designed function every created.

Agreed.
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

MaDDoG(DA1)

Banana fanna fo fanna And BaDD i posted for help not for u too make fun of my code so why dont u go off and not post unless u think u can help me

MyndFyre

Quote from: MaDDoG(DA1) on January 20, 2005, 04:23 PM
Banana fanna fo fanna And BaDD i posted for help not for u too make fun of my code so why dont u go off and not post unless u think u can help me

Because we respect them but not necessarily you.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser.

Quote from: MyndFyre on January 20, 2005, 05:19 PM
Quote from: MaDDoG(DA1) on January 20, 2005, 04:23 PM

Because we respect them but not necessarily you.

"We"? :P

MaDDoG(DA1)

Dont speak for everyone there buddy let them speak for themselves. I could give a shit less weather you respect me or not if u dont respect me then dont help me its that simple.

By the way there was in error in my varibles thanks for the help I just over looked it.