• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Remote Bot Protocol Offline Reference

Started by MyndFyre, January 19, 2005, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

I have taken the documented Remote Bot Protocol (RBP) and made it into PDF format for nice printing.  It is currently located at:

http://www.armabot.net/pub/rbp.pdf

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or newer to view this document.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

warz

RBP is a newer BNLS-style program? It just supports multiple protocols?

UserLoser.

Quote from: warz on January 19, 2005, 05:07 PM

No, it's a protocol Skywing developed that BinaryChat uses.  For whatever reason someone thought that they should convert the documentation from a .TXT document to a .PDF file..

MyndFyre

Quote from: UserLoser on January 19, 2005, 05:49 PM

No, it's a protocol Skywing developed that BinaryChat uses.  For whatever reason someone thought that they should convert the documentation from a .TXT document to a .PDF file..

Actually, I thought I should convert the documentation from .txt to a Word document so that I could add bold and underline for clarity, so that when I printed it out it would look nice.  Then as a gesture of good will, since the protocol was public documentation anyway, I posted the resultant PDF online.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

UserLoser.

Quote from: MyndFyre on January 19, 2005, 06:25 PM

Actually, I thought I should convert the documentation from .txt to a Word document so that I could add bold and underline for clarity, so that when I printed it out it would look nice.  Then as a gesture of good will, since the protocol was public documentation anyway, I posted the resultant PDF online.

Where'd you get that documentation from?  I can't find it anywhere (and I'm sure that the one Sky sent me back in October/November when I last seen him talk before he disappeared didn't have zlib GUID)

warz

Maybe he just wanted his name on there for good measure and street credit? That's understandable.

MyndFyre

Quote from: UserLoser on January 19, 2005, 10:39 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre on January 19, 2005, 06:25 PM

Where'd you get that documentation from?  I can't find it anywhere (and I'm sure that the one Sky sent me back in October/November when I last seen him talk before he disappeared didn't have zlib GUID)

He sent it to me via MSN.  He said that it should/was on the public site and that it wasn't necessary that he'd sent it to me.  I assumed that he was correct.  He gave me the Zlib GUID while we were chatting.

Warz: I have changed the file on my site per your implied request.  Better?  But now people will bug Skywing if that file isn't up-to-date.  So I don't want to hear bitching.

dxoigmn

Quote from: UserLoser on January 19, 2005, 10:39 PM

The only place I've ever seen RBP in the public was [link=http://www.valhallalegends.com/pub/RBP_prelim.txt]here[/url], albeit it's a preliminary writeup.  Always thought that was interesting when I first saw it.