• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Set up Cable MOdem

Started by !!!, January 16, 2005, 03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!!!

HI HI :), i bought this cable modem, i got my 3com homeconnect 3C450 card pluged in, also installed, it has a TCP/IP-> 3com homeconnect 3C450,  ok so, i got all i need, but i just need other brains to help me out on this setting up, i want to configure this already =\ its been 1 month :( .

Could someone please tell me how to config my TCP/IP or w/e i need to config to make me have internet on that computer please.  I get an ip, but i dont have internet...

Thnx alot!
!!!~

j0k3r

I'm assuming you paid for an ISP already, if so they should have given you a CD or atleast instructions on how to set it up. You stand a lot better chance of getting it to work by talking to the help guys at your ISP. If you're trying to get internet for free, you're on your own.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

!!!

Well i my brother has internet on his room, "Cable comcast" and, well there happens to be a cable outlet on  my wall, i plugged it to the tv and the comcast channels were working, so i suppouse internet works too, i get an ip but i cannot connected to the internet, no idea why, any help?

hismajesty

You need to call your ISP and tell them the MAC address of your cable modem. Which reminds me, I need to do th at too for the new modem I bought.

!!!

But they would charge me, wouldnt they?.... my parents would be mad

muert0

Go trade your cable modem in and get a router and either run cable or get a wireless router and a wireless card.
To lazy for slackware.

!!!

Wouldnt  i need to contact Comcast anyways?

j0k3r

QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

muert0

But the comcast route would be a lot cheaper. It will probably only be a few extra dollars to add another IP.
To lazy for slackware.

!!!

Yea see, i've tried this before, thats how i ahd internet there before but me and my brother couldnt play on the same game, in "starcraft"

We had the same Ip's so that is why i baught a new cable modem =\ and i heard i cant do anything about it

quasi-modo

You should be able to. One of our local lans is on business class cable (the others use fractional or full t1s), and they have 3 ips. We have comcast in our city too. Just complain and tell them if they can't help you you will switch to dsl (preferably online so they think you are the person whose name is on the bill) and they will do whatever the hell you want. We managed to get the newcommer rates for almost two years because of that. Comcast is a little whore, if you bug them they will do whatever you want.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

!!!

Well i have a router, and a along ethernet calble, what do i do next?
The configuration part is a pain in the ass..... i accidently deleted the TCP/IP -> 3come homeconnect 3C450 protocol a while ago,  now it doesnt work....

Eric

Up to 8 players can play in a StarCraft game reguardless of their IP's.  The technician you talked to led you in the wrong direction.

quasi-modo

Quote from: LoRd[nK] on January 17, 2005, 10:18 AM
Up to 8 players can play in a StarCraft game reguardless of their IP's.  The technician you talked to led you in the wrong direction.
!!! is referring to his brother constantly getting ip banned from bnet.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: !!! on January 16, 2005, 06:06 PM
Well i have a router, and a along ethernet calble, what do i do next?
The configuration part is a pain in the ass..... i accidently deleted the TCP/IP -> 3come homeconnect 3C450 protocol a while ago, now it doesnt work....
Call Comcast and tell them your problem.