• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BotNet Client, Help Please

Started by Hdx, January 15, 2005, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adron

Quote from: Kp on January 18, 2005, 11:29 PM
Backward compatibility mostly works, but it's flaky in some areas.  Due to a complete lack of TS capable users

A complete lack? Is something wrong with TS?

Kp

Quote from: Adron on January 19, 2005, 03:23 AM
Quote from: Kp on January 18, 2005, 11:29 PMBackward compatibility mostly works, but it's flaky in some areas.  Due to a complete lack of TS capable users
A complete lack? Is something wrong with TS?

I should rephrase that.  I cannot log in via TS personally, so any install of a new botnet version requires someone to do it on my behalf.  Such installs are usually monitored for a few hours to check that everything is functioning, so both I and the TS'er must be present during that time.  Further, since I've never done the install personally, I don't know what needs to be done beyond service off + copy + service on (and I assume that something more must be needed, or there might've been some interest in finding some way for me to have access to just that functionality so I wouldn't keep bugging Skywing).  Since I don't know what that something is, I can't guide anyone through it, which means the install requires someone who already knows what that is - and is willing to remotely debug with me, which can be tedious since windbg doesn't understand my symbols format (and thus we devolve to reverse engineering the server, heh).

I'd actually considered asking you for help with it, but had rejected the idea due to the time differential (it'd be extremely late for you by the time I can set aside a solid block of time for installing), plus the aforementioned belief that you'd have to do something that neither of us knows how to do. :P

Conclusion: barring an easy way for me to install it on my own, or someone willing to put up with being on call for several hours in a block, upgrades are dead for the immediate future.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!