• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[vb6] RTB alternative

Started by NetNX, January 15, 2005, 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NetNX

;D Is it possible to obtain the same graphical effects that RTB provides using a diffrent type of control for less lag?

Warrior

Less Lag? As far as I know there is no replacement for the richtextbox allowing colors although I am sure one could be made.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

NetNX

i belive aim was created in vb no? and that shit dosent lag :-X

Warrior

If you havn't noticed the AIM client is browser based which is why all of its data is in HTML form. It doesn't use an RTB (The official AIM Client)
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

MyndFyre

Although using the MSHTML editor control will result in using lots and lots of memory.  I believe that AIM uses a proprietary user interface to display HTML.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Warrior

Wasn't thier talk about writing an equivilent to a RichTextBox Control? I remember seeing a topic a little while back.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Warrior on January 15, 2005, 07:10 PM
Wasn't thier talk about writing an equivilent to a RichTextBox Control? I remember seeing a topic a little while back.

Yeah, there was.  We haven't really gotten started on it.  It's a bit involved ;-)  But it would be specifically for chat.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Warrior

So would it have the current draw backs if you want to call them that of the RTB (resizing text with scroll mouse, justification of text, RTF Glitch, etc..)

MyndFyre

Quote from: Warrior on January 15, 2005, 08:05 PM
So would it have the current draw backs if you want to call them that of the RTB (resizing text with scroll mouse, justification of text, RTF Glitch, etc..)

We haven't really started designing specs even...

Warrior

NetNX

i was looking around and i found this dos console looking thing... i wrote some modules that let you use it like addchat ill post them when i get home... if your writing an ops bot this surely must be a better alternative to rtb...

Eric

You won't find many better alternatives to Microsoft's RichTextBox.  The console is quite icky when used in Visual Basic and if you're that serious about having less "lag", I'd suggest learning a language more focused on speed.

NetNX

i agree the console is icky but for what im trying todo visualbasic is the better language :)

MyndFyre

Quote from: NetNX on January 20, 2005, 03:23 PM
i agree the console is icky but for what im trying todo visualbasic is the better language :)

Than JavaScript?  :P

UserLoser.

Quote from: NetNX on January 15, 2005, 09:22 AM
;D Is it possible to obtain the same graphical effects that RTB provides using a diffrent type of control for less lag?

I don't have issues. Perhaps you should show code, or look into clearing the top old unwanted lines after X amount of outputted messages automatically