• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Makefile

Started by Krush[LM], January 15, 2005, 03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krush[LM]

Ok this might sound dumb but how do I compile source using a makefile with .net ?

Kp

Perhaps you should explain a bit more.  Makefiles describe how to build something natively, so there's really no need to use any network (or Microsoft's stupidly named .NET code) to build it.  Just run make (or gmake if you want to be certain you get a GNU form, which I highly recommend -- BSD makes tend to be somewhat braindamaged in my experience).
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Krush[LM]

Quote from: Kp on January 15, 2005, 01:20 PM
Perhaps you should explain a bit more.  Makefiles describe how to build something natively, so there's really no need to use any network (or Microsoft's stupidly named .NET code) to build it.  Just run make (or gmake if you want to be certain you get a GNU form, which I highly recommend -- BSD makes tend to be somewhat braindamaged in my experience).

Well at school I can do make from the command line but I think i didn't install something at home cause make is unknown

MyndFyre

I do not believe that VS .NET supports makefiles, with C++ or any of the native .NET languages.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Kp

Quote from: Krush[LM] on January 15, 2005, 04:10 PMWell at school I can do make from the command line but I think i didn't install something at home cause make is unknown

I'm going to assume that you're using Windows at home, since you mentioned ".net".  If so, you need to install make -- Windows doesn't come with one natively (primarily because make is useful).  Check out http://www.mingw.org/ for a Win32 port of GNU make.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Zakath

VC++ does have command line tools that can be used in a similar fashion to a makefile by executing them from a batch file...
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Krush[LM]

Quote from: Kp on January 15, 2005, 05:08 PM
Quote from: Krush[LM] on January 15, 2005, 04:10 PMWell at school I can do make from the command line but I think i didn't install something at home cause make is unknown

I'm going to assume that you're using Windows at home, since you mentioned ".net".  If so, you need to install make -- Windows doesn't come with one natively (primarily because make is useful).  Check out http://www.mingw.org/ for a Win32 port of GNU make.

i installed that but i can't find where i have to do something to get make to work