• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Partition Reallocating

Started by j0k3r, January 04, 2005, 04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0k3r

Is there a way to move space from one partition to another? My c drive is for essential things only, e is for games etc. I want to move atleast 20gigs from c to e, same physical harddrive, two partitions.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

quasi-modo

Maybe, but I think a good question would be how can I move space that is not occupied by files? How do you know you will not be moving space that a windows file resides on  :-X
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

MyndFyre

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 04, 2005, 06:24 PM
Yes; Partition Magic.

I highly recommend defragging before you use PM.  :)  Things should move more quickly.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

R.a.B.B.i.T

PM fragged my HD massively, I had to reformat via DOS and then start over!

Arta

PM is dangerous. It will either work, or totally screw up your partitions. Make sure you back up first and don't be surprised if you have to format and start over.

Newby

Agreed. PartitionMagic completely fucked over a partition I had prepared for music.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Hitmen

Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 04, 2005, 09:38 PM
PM is dangerous. It will either work, or totally screw up your partitions. Make sure you back up first and don't be surprised if you have to format and start over.
That's happpend to me... twice. I figured it was just a fluke and tried it the next time I needed to change the partitions. Well, that was a bad idea.

Although I managed to fix the partition table both times. I think. At least once.