• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Trinary Code

Started by MetaL MilitiA, December 30, 2004, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: Adron on January 01, 2005, 07:31 PM
Quote from: R.a.B.B.i.T on January 01, 2005, 07:21 PM
There is, sort of, already a kind of FORM of trinary, which it actually isn't.

I forget what it's used in, I'll have to ask my teacher again when I go back to school, but I do remember the states:
0 - low
1 - high
x - high resistance, so 0 or 1 doesn't matter

That's called tristate. It's used when you hook outputs up to a bus. All inactive devices tristate their outputs.
Ahh yes, we were looking at a diagram of a SAP-1.  Thanks :)

@MyndFyre:
Wouldn't the parallel method require 2 separate paths for each wavelength so they would not affect each other?  Your parallel method would also allow for quadrinary (or however the prefix is added).  IE: 0R1R1G1R0G1R0R1R

MetaL MilitiA

Yes, like RaBBiT said, if I were to seperate the light into different channels, I would just have 3 detectors ending at all 3 of the channels. And it is not mine or his idea (Even though I stated the idea in this thread first), it is the idea of the IBM researches who research Quantum Computing. Yes, it would work for quadratic* code too.

R.a.B.B.i.T

If you're using light with high/low, each frequency would have 2 values, which would mean only even numbered -ary codes, unless you had R01 and say, G0 only, but that would be weird X|

Adron

It would be multi-channel binary, not trinary.

R.a.B.B.i.T

MetaL MilitiA

You could use polarized nuerons, which is what Quantum Computing uses. Simply throw in Diagonal after the Vertical and Horrizontol.

MyndFyre

Quote from: MetaL MilitiA on February 13, 2005, 01:45 PM
You could use polarized nuerons, which is what Quantum Computing uses. Simply throw in Diagonal after the Vertical and Horrizontol.

First it occurs to me that you mean neutrons, which are subatomic particles and not nerve cells.  Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

To be perfectly honest, though, it seems like you're throwing out a response to something you know absolutely nothing about.  Please explain what it means to "throw in diagonal after the vertical and horizontal" when you're talking about it.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

K

The idea is that the basic quantum particle is oriented along one of four axces(?) , represented by either a + (vertical/horizontal) or an x (the diagonals). The problem with the proposed solution of measuring the spin of the particle is the reason that the spin is used in quantum cryptograhy: if you measure the particle with the wrong gate (a + gate instead of an x gate), the particle will a) not go through the gate (and possibly alter its orientation), or b) go through the gate with an altered orientation.  Thus an eavesdropper cannot observe the spin of a particle without altering it.

Ban

What about the receiver then? If when you observe the spin of the particle the spin is altered, how would you view the original state?

K

Quote from: Ban on February 21, 2005, 10:07 AM
What about the receiver then? If when you observe the spin of the particle the spin is altered, how would you view the original state?

The viewer guesses too -- the correct guesses are then used to generate a one-time pad. old post

R.a.B.B.i.T

My post here talk about quatum particles with rotations applied, if you care to read it.

Grok

And all this is supposed to be a cheaper replacement for binary.  OK, you're nut.

Adron

Quote from: Grok on February 22, 2005, 11:24 AM
And all this is supposed to be a cheaper replacement for binary.  OK, you're nut.

Hehe, thanks for pulling us back on the original track :)

Banana fanna fo fanna

Trinary code is a silly idea, IMO.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Not as silly as quadrary(?) or quinary(?)!

|