• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Changing IP's

Started by !!!, December 27, 2004, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

!!!

i need to know a way so that me and my brother have different IP's

So like if he floods in channel in the game starcraft. and i exit b.net it will not let me get in to b.net

like if i was the one who flooded. Its same IP anyways... i need to change it --;

I'm getting internet out of his router Connected with a long ethernet cord to my pc... so maybe if i change my Ip my internet Wont WorK?

Help me on this plz :)

Thnx in advanced

Falcon[anti-yL]

Replug the modem connected to your router.

iago

Depending on your ISP, you might be able to draw more than one IP from them.  Try plugging your Internet cable into a switch instead of a router.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

!!!

k, i'll try this Thnx

BTW i got comcast Cable Internet, just in case you know something about them...

Maybe i cant get 2 Ip's with that company, but oh well i'll try Thnx

UserLoser.

I have Comcast, too.  To change my IPv4 address I had to unplug my cable & power cable from the modem and leave it unplugged for several hours.  The next day when I woke up I had a new address

Meh

Usually you just disconnect and reconnect and you have one. Thats how it works with me any way!

quasi-modo

Comcast uses something called longlast ip. Its not static, but it is not dynamic. Naturally the ip will be constant for several months. I can pull a fresh Ip by resetting my modem though.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

muert0

They will probably sell you a second IP for cheap. Cox does it for 1.99.
To lazy for slackware.

!!!

Yea guys but see, I got 2 computers connected with the same IP, i need to get 1 of them with a different IP.  My point is, I dont want the same Ip on same computers :(

Quote from: muert0 on December 27, 2004, 09:06 PM
They will probably sell you a second IP for cheap. Cox does it for 1.99.

Yea that Could Work, but i dont really know how to get into all of this mess, by calling company and all of that, and if i tell my dad, he wont know what i'm talking about and he'll juz say no, since there is always a hidden fee and so on... ECT...  :O

Ya my life is sucking right now

hismajesty

What's wrong with two computers having the same ip?

Falcon[anti-yL]

His brother is a moron that floods and gets the ip banned from b.net so when he tries to log in from his computer, hes banned.

iago

Quote from: !!! on December 27, 2004, 11:27 PM
Yea guys but see, I got 2 computers connected with the same IP, i need to get 1 of them with a different IP.  My point is, I dont want the same Ip on same computers :(
In general, you'll always have the same ip on the same computer :P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

quasi-modo

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on December 27, 2004, 11:39 PM
His brother is a moron that floods and gets the ip banned from b.net so when he tries to log in from his computer, hes banned.
Ip ban is completely retarded. It was supposed to stop spam bots, but all it did was make everyones life shit. I also hate how when I leave a game or the host left or something when I go back to the list it is blank. Thats partly why I don't play on battle net anymore.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

!!!

:( i' guess i'll juz stay with this :(

Its that my brothers floods in purpuse... that was juz an example :P
Also 1 Ip can hold 8 UserNamEs cONnected to battle.net and using proxies Its so anoying
The reason why i would have that many usernames on b.net would be for winbotting  while playing, or just have a bunch of names on the channel just for fun.  But oh well if i had a diff Ip then i  could load up to 16. 

Thnx All

::LOCKED::

Grok

Quote from: !!! on December 28, 2004, 03:20 AM
Also 1 Ip can hold 8 UserNamEs cONnected to battle.net and using proxies Its so anoying
The reason why i would have that many usernames on b.net would be for winbotting  while playing, or just have a bunch of names on the channel just for fun.  But oh well if i had a diff Ip then i  could load up to 16. 

Not sure why this is locked but I will invoke my privileges to provide a reply.  People behind a corporate network, or other LANs with a shared internet connection are often exposed to battle.net from a single IP address.  By allowing up to 8 connections from a single IP address, Blizzard serves a large market of people who could otherwise not play their games.