• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Creating a D2 tools program in AutoIT

Started by Insolence, December 22, 2004, 10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insolence

Being my first post here, and being lazy I'll just introduce myself by saying: Hello World! (hoping 1 person finds that funny)

Anywho, I think I'll need a packet sniffer to 'listen' to messages I recieve in channel on Diablo II (trying the LEAST detectable methods).  Tried searching and only found Ethereal repeatedly.  I need something smaller, like a SIMPLE DLL to work with.

I already played around with Ethereal and PlasticSniffer, both returned bits and pieces of the message, but I don't understand how to 'decode' the packets from them?

I'm hoping I won't be a bother to you, I've used so many programs originating from VL (Chewbacca Bot is my all time FAVORITE bot) all I can say is thank you.

Hdx

WPE Pro should work fine for you as a packet logger.
Also BNetDocs Is a good site to learn about packets.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

iago

Ethereal uses "PCap" (Packet Capture -- the Windows version is called WinPCap).  It's a packet-capturing utility/library that you can use.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hdx

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 23, 2004, 09:40 AM
WPE PRO

* HdxBmx27 points to my link....
Its wpe pro, simple to use just like he wants, just click the program u wana log, and hit play. Not that had.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

iago

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on December 23, 2004, 10:22 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 23, 2004, 09:40 AM
WPE PRO

* HdxBmx27 points to my link....
Its wpe pro, simple to use just like he wants, just click the program u wana log, and hit play. Not that had.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Use better naming.

Sorc.Polgara

Isn't AutoIt what people use to make pindlebots?

WPE Pro is easy to use.  I stopped using errrr barely even used, Ethereal because I could seem to get rid of that dang header thingy that accompanied the packets I recieved

Instead of recieving the regular BNCS packet header + packet I would recieve a bunch of bull crap then the BNCS packet header + packet.

EpicOfTimeWasted

Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on December 23, 2004, 08:31 PMInstead of recieving the regular BNCS packet header + packet I would recieve a bunch of bull crap then the BNCS packet header + packet.

I like how you refer to the TCP/IP header as "bull crap".  I'd like to think it has its uses.

Sorc.Polgara

Quote from: EpicOfTimeWasted on December 23, 2004, 08:53 PM
Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on December 23, 2004, 08:31 PMInstead of recieving the regular BNCS packet header + packet I would recieve a bunch of bull crap then the BNCS packet header + packet.

I like how you refer to the TCP/IP header as "bull crap".  I'd like to think it has its uses.

errr my fault, I mean "bull crap" as in, I don't need it for packet logging what I trying to packet log.

how do i exclude it from the packet logging?

dxoigmn

Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on December 23, 2004, 09:16 PM
Quote from: EpicOfTimeWasted on December 23, 2004, 08:53 PM

errr my fault, I mean "bull crap" as in, I don't need it for packet logging what I trying to packet log.

how do i exclude it from the packet logging?

There should be a function to follow tcp stream or something similar that will display the raw contents of the tcp stream in a nice format.