• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Packet 0x4A ?

Started by l2k-Shadow, December 11, 2004, 07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l2k-Shadow

I have never seen this before but lately I have been receiving packet 0x4A when logging in. I receive it right after i receive 0x51. After packet logging, it seems that it containts a Null-terminated string "IX86ExtraWork.mpq".
Anyone have any idea what does is the purpose of this packet/what does the mpq do?
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

BaDDBLooD

It get's information from your system if your using a real blizzard game.  If you checked that little box "send computer statistics to blizzard", that's how they get it.
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Mephisto

You may also get the packet unrecognized error on SphtBotv3:
Unrecognized BNCS packet SID_004A received:
0000:  49 58 38 36 45 78 74 72 61 57 6F 72 6B 2E 6D 70   IX86ExtraWork.mp
0010:  71 00                                             q.

iago

On my old bot, I just put a notification: "It wants to to download <file>.  Ignoring it."
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Soul Taker

Quote from: iago on December 11, 2004, 10:15 PM
On my old bot, I just put a notification: "It wants to to download <file>.  Ignoring it."
I do that, and check the FILETIME on the file, so the server will think I already have an up-to-date version.

UserLoser.

That's probably the best idea is to just display that Battle.net sent you an optional request.  IIRC, if you do call it and return the results to Battle.net, they have to be sent before you log onto an account.  Battle.net sends you the optional ExtraWork request after a successful cdkey and version check.  Most bots that I've seen and/or used attempt to log onto their account after a successful cdkey and/or version check; so you would have to delay your logon and wait to see if Battle.net has sent you any such request before making your logon attempt.

Zakath

Or you could just ignore it.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

iago

It gets sent to an error log if I ignore it.  It probably does on other bots too.  You should at least handle it somehow, even if you just handle it and do nothing.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Zakath

That's what I meant by "ignore it." Create a handler that just does nothing.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.