• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

Canada

Started by iago, November 24, 2004, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

The Canadian Government is planning on making Marijuana less illegal (decriminalized).
The Canadian Government is planning on making Trans Fat illegal.

Discuss.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

j0k3r

What? I need an article, this is news.

Edit: Woot.
Edit2: Great thread name... Woot.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

iago

About which part?

I dunno if they did it or going to do it, but I keep hearing about it

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: iago on November 24, 2004, 09:43 PM
The Canadian Government is planning on making Marijuana less illegal (decriminalized).
If they do, then I'm moving to Canada.

Hitmen

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on November 24, 2004, 10:34 PM
Or you could move to one of the states that decriminilized possession... google says: California, Colorado, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Maine, Minnesota, Ohio, and Oregon.

hismajesty

It's legal to posess it but not smoke it without a prescription? That really makes no sense. I don't do drugs, but ever since I did a research paper on Marijuana last year I've been for the legalization of it.

Archonist

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 25, 2004, 12:06 AM
It's legal to posess it but not smoke it without a prescription? That really makes no sense. I don't do drugs, but ever since I did a research paper on Marijuana last year I've been for the legalization of it.

*cough*, but it's definatley not legal to have possession of it in new york.

Meh

The Canadian Government is planning on making Trans Fat illegal.

Discuss.
They have done that in Britain. If police see you with it they just confiscate it instead of nick you.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: Hitmen on November 24, 2004, 11:52 PM
Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on November 24, 2004, 10:34 PM
Or you could move to one of the states that decriminilized possession... google says: California, Colorado, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Maine, Minnesota, Ohio, and Oregon.
Weed is cheaper in Canada anyways.

Mitosis

Druggys. Ya this has been discussed for quite some time now. I don't think they should ban snack machines from schools. that's kind of stupid. Half our cafeteria would be gone.

Blaze

They already banned junk food in elementary schools in toronto. Me living right beside toronto thinks that that is unfair! Those kids have the right to be sugar high.  They havn't touched the middle/high schools yet.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

j0k3r

I don't think they are going to touch high schools in Ontario/Toronto/GTA. There is a very low percentage (maybe 1%) of obese kids at my school, it isn't something that needs to be banned. Peer pressure, learning about nutrition, and low self esteem take care of high school students' weight.

Banning it in elementary schools I thought was a good idea, you have kids who have no concept of nutrition constantly eating junk food and creating unhealthy habbits and ruining their bodies. There was also those that buy junk food just because everyone else does, my sister being one.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

iago

They aren't banning Junkfood across Canada, just Trans Fat.  Lays chips and New York Fries, for instance, contain no trans fats.  Trans fats are associated quite closely with heart disease and other bad things, and, if it's possible to make a product that is just as good without containing them (albeit a little expensive), I'm totally for it.

Hazard

Thats what Ralph Nader wants to do. It's stupid.

The following is what might occur:

Officer: Please, don't light that joint, not here.
Hippie: *Lights weed and takes a huge draw*
Officer: Sir, please, come on I'm asking you nicely.
Hippie: *Takes another draw* Hehehe you want some of dis man?
Officer: Oh, come on now thats just not...
Hippie: *Draw*
Officer: Aww shit look you're doin' it again.
etc, etc, etc.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Arta

In the UK, at any rate, that's totally untrue.

Cannabis is decriminalised, but all that means is that you can't be arrested for possesion alone. The police can (and routinely do) confiscate the cannabis, and you can still be arrested if you're causing a disturbance, and a few other things. Baiting an officer like that would obviously qualify.

No sane government would allow the scenario you proposed to take place.