• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Condi Rice to replace Powell

Started by MyndFyre, November 16, 2004, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

Blacks do vote in an uneducated way, and it's saddening. At the polling place I worked, when the guy walked out he pointed at a sign for a guy running for congress and asked 'He's a Democrat right?' to make sure he voted for a Democrat. He had no idea what the guy stood for, but voted for him anyway. (but the guy still lost)

Blacks are, obviously, first in line to give more power to themselves. Since, us big bad white folks enslaved their ancestors - a whopping 4% of the slave trade went here - we're not forever in debt to them. This has been publically said as their reasonings for asking for more money, etc. I don't know where you live and if you live in the midwest then it's a lot different but here there's a lot of black people, a lot of slummy areas, and a lot of Democrats (all three of those describe one group, btw). Now, of course, there are your educated black people too not your hoodlums, such as Colin Powell. He's respectable; but alot of these people that I have interaction with (not by choice) pick on you because you're white, even if you don't say anything to them. Now, I do have some black friends, btw.

quasi-modo

Quote from: LivedKrad on November 20, 2004, 12:32 AM
You fail to see the racism? How is basing a prediction of voter principles on color not racist? The reason asians fit into this is the same reason blacks fit into it: skin pigment. If asians (from Grok's observation) hate blacks more because (obviously) of their skin color, then their decision on voting for or against a black president would be slightly biased, wouldn't you agree? I fail to see the connection in a discriminatory statement to an educated assumption towards vote turnout.
I have never seen how asians hate blacks though. Whites do not hate blacks either (well some do, but the number will be negligible I think for the election, people will stick to party lines). Blacks voting for a black man is not racism IMO. Its a matter of pride. Its not like voting for the black man because you do not like the white man, its voting for the black man because there has never been a black president. Grok looked way to deeply into this, mainly because I think he just wanted to argue.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Grok

Quote from: quasi-modo on November 19, 2004, 11:40 PM
Wow. You are so very wrong. You are looking way way too deeply. Black people have a pride about them and would be willing to vote for a black man for president.

Are you seriously grouping all blacks into one profile, that they would all vote based on skin color?  If you were to say "the 3 blacks I know would" then OK, but I think you should give credit to the people you don't know that they vote responsibly, regardless of how the people you know vote.

As far as asians hating blacks, I said that backwards.  There's more black-on-asian hate than white-on-black.  Still, I think it's a small percentage of either grouping.  It disgusts me when I see grown people of any race making ignorant racist remarks and I call them out on it.  I've done it in business dealings as well as personal friendships.  Even done it with complete strangers who try to say something racist.  I consider it a duty to mankind.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Grok on November 21, 2004, 08:20 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on November 19, 2004, 11:40 PM
Wow. You are so very wrong. You are looking way way too deeply. Black people have a pride about them and would be willing to vote for a black man for president.

Are you seriously grouping all blacks into one profile, that they would all vote based on skin color?  If you were to say "the 3 blacks I know would" then OK, but I think you should give credit to the people you don't know that they vote responsibly, regardless of how the people you know vote.
Quit using the word all. All is hyperboly. A vast majority would I think. If Jessy calls colin not black someone else will just say he is and it is going to steal some of the black vote.
As far as asians hating blacks, I said that backwards.  There's more black-on-asian hate than white-on-black.  Still, I think it's a small percentage of either grouping.  It disgusts me when I see grown people of any race making ignorant racist remarks and I call them out on it.  I've done it in business dealings as well as personal friendships.  Even done it with complete strangers who try to say something racist.  I consider it a duty to mankind.
Again... I have never heard of black on asian hate or vice versa. All of the blacks and Asians around these parts seem to get along just fine. Where exactly do you live?
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle