• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Liberal Commits Suicide

Started by hismajesty, November 07, 2004, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazard

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 11, 2004, 08:14 AM
* hismajesty[yL] notes that even if Kerry were elected, 11 states would have still banned gay marriage on 11/2/04.

I would have voted for the gay marriage ban if it had been on the ballot in Florida.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

hismajesty

I would have too, if I were old enough to vote and if it were on the Virginia ballot. :P

Adron

There's an interesting thing I'd like to mention here in this thread.

I briefly read about the Cincinnati Issue #3 a week or so ago. It was described as a law that would forbid making laws to give preferential treatment based on sexual orientation.

What does that make you think of? What does an American think of, reading that description?

To me, that sounded like a law that would ban any laws against same sex marriage, or other preferential treatment given to heterosexuals.

You probably know what it was, since you live in the US.

Kp

Quote from: Adron on November 11, 2004, 10:47 AM
I briefly read about the Cincinnati Issue #3 a week or so ago. It was described as a law that would forbid making laws to give preferential treatment based on sexual orientation.

What does that make you think of? What does an American think of, reading that description?

To me, that sounded like a law that would ban any laws against same sex marriage, or other preferential treatment given to heterosexuals.

You probably know what it was, since you live in the US.

It was an interesting idea, and one I wouldn't mind seeing refined a bit.  Properly expanded, it would fly in the face of quota-driven hiring and similar such things designed as reverse discrimination against those historically not discriminated against (i.e. white heterosexual males).

Americans are supposed to be equal under the law, but there's a great many places where that simply doesn't happen.  For instance, it's a more serious crime to kill a black man than to kill a white man, if you did it because you hated him.  It has been humorously described that "some of us are more equal than others."
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

hismajesty

QuoteAll animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Hazard on November 11, 2004, 08:48 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 11, 2004, 08:14 AM
* hismajesty[yL] notes that even if Kerry were elected, 11 states would have still banned gay marriage on 11/2/04.

I would have voted for the gay marriage ban if it had been on the ballot in Florida.
I wish it were because that would be one thing I would have voted for.

I am pissed that they passed the increase in minimum wage. It seems that people just do not understand inflation.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hazard

They don't. It's just the poor people are like "Oh shit, we be gettin' mo money." without any concept of economics.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

|