• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I saw bush speak...

Started by quasi-modo, October 24, 2004, 09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

Bush was cool... but all in all the event sucked.

I was packed into alltel stadium with 50,000 other people. Behind us some guy had a little girl. In front of us two democrats for  bush / ex-dems had two little boys. The little girl behind us kept kicking our seats and I had to turn around and give her a death stare. The dad finally made her quit. But in front of us the boy kept screaming. Whenever there was a clap he screamed at the top of his lungs. Finally a woman tapped them on the shoulder and said "could you tell your kid to stop screaming, I am deaf in that ear now".  They did not, they just moved him to their other side. The encouraged his screaming in fact. They thought it was cute and he was being politically active. I overheard a comment about how he should join the young republicans club... bah.

The coolest part of the show was seeing air force one fly over the stadium really low right before the pres arrived. Bush was pretty good too

The bad parts were having to sit through 3 hours of speakers who were not bush... many of them no-bodys. One of them was Krenchaw... he is cool. But the others were lame. Another bad part is that in the stadium a 20oz Pepsi costs 3 bucks. They inflate the price 300% of what it would be at any sensible vending machine. There is price collusion inside of the stadium, and you cannot bring food in if you do not smuggle it (this is a small picture of how government interference (the stadium) creates collusion and how the market should be as free as possible), I wish someone would go anti trust on the budweiser zone stands and any others who inflate like this.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hazard

I've been to two Bush rallies so far, one at Progress Energy Park in St. Petersburg and one at Joker Marchant Field in Lakeland. Both times I've have been given excellent seats and am proud to say I've had the opportunity to shake the President's hand on both occassions. The rallies are so much fun, and there is still one more scheduled here in Tampa before the election, so I know I'll get to see him again!!!

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

quasi-modo

:'( I wish I could have shook the man's hand... but I was stuck around 50,000 other bush supporters.  :-\
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

My state hasn't voted Democratic since Kennedy, Bush has come here once and that was in 2000. :(

QuoteI overheard a comment about how he should join the young republicans club... bah.

I, holding a leadership position in my schools YR club, am inclined to ask you what's wrong with it. :P We've only been around for about 3 weeks and have already been on a national radio network. ^^

Hazard

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on October 25, 2004, 01:38 PM
My state hasn't voted Democratic since Kennedy, Bush has come here once and that was in 2000. :(

QuoteI overheard a comment about how he should join the young republicans club... bah.

I, holding a leadership position in my schools YR club, am inclined to ask you what's wrong with it. :P We've only been around for about 3 weeks and have already been on a national radio network. ^^

I'm in it, but can't be a leader in it because I'm too busy leading ProtestWarrior.

hismajesty

The PW chapter here never does anything so that doesn't occupy any of my time. This year I'm treasurer but since both the current vice-president and president are seniors I get to take over next year.

Adron

Quote from: quasi-modo on October 24, 2004, 09:28 PM
Another bad part is that in the stadium a 20oz Pepsi costs 3 bucks. They inflate the price 300% of what it would be at any sensible vending machine.

That's typical republican policies. They're all for the big corporations, letting them gain monopolies and drive up prices. Very obvious that it happens on a Bush rally too. Well, good thing everyone saw that, and know not to vote Bush now.

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on October 25, 2004, 05:02 PM
Another bad part is that in the stadium a 20oz Pepsi costs 3 bucks. They inflate the price 300% of what it would be at any sensible vending machine.

That's typical republican policies. They're all for the big corporations, letting them gain monopolies and drive up prices. Very obvious that it happens on a Bush rally too. Well, good thing everyone saw that, and know not to vote Bush now.

Typical democrat/liberal policices to whine about it without offering a solution thats worthwhile.

hismajesty

Almost every event I've been to (speech/concert/play/etc.) the prices are higher than they should be. Ya' know, not everything is Bush's fault apparently. Yea, it shocked me too.

Hazard

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on October 25, 2004, 07:56 PM

Almost every event I've been to (speech/concert/play/etc.) the prices are higher than they should be. Ya' know, not everything is Bush's fault apparently. Yea, it shocked me too.

The popular thing is to blame Bush and Republicans for all that is wrong in the world. Ask a liberal, he'll point the finger at Bush. Whether its the attendence in church being down, whether its global warming, whether its depletion of the global gene pool, whether its world hunger, whether its the sky being blue or the grass being green, whether its 1 not being equal to 2, its all our fault.

quasi-modo

because this kid is 8 and did not even know what he was screaming about. He wasa just screaming whenever someone clapped. Very annoying.
WAR EAGLE!

quasi-modo

Quote from: Hazard on October 25, 2004, 03:00 PM

I'm in it, but can't be a leader in it because I'm too busy leading ProtestWarrior.
You know of any way to dethrone a pw leader? Our chapters leader is not doing anything. Infact I have emailed him about it numerous times and he said "No one has been talking to me, I will tell you when something happens". Seems to me like the guy does not really care.
WAR EAGLE!

quasi-modo

You are very wrong. Conservative economics is for a more free market. Fewer taxes. The less government intervention in the market, the less chance for collusion. If there are no governments there could be no collusion because competition would take place every time.
WAR EAGLE!

Hazard

Quote from: quasi-modo on October 25, 2004, 08:39 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 25, 2004, 03:00 PM

You know of any way to dethrone a pw leader? Our chapters leader is not doing anything. Infact I have emailed him about it numerous times and he said "No one has been talking to me, I will tell you when something happens". Seems to me like the guy does not really care.

No, unless you convince him to resign OR convince a PW admin to take him out of leadership.

quasi-modo

Ugh... I guess I will have to piss and moan around until something gets done. I wanted to make that florida pw website too that was disgussed. I signed up for that but unless I get a word on weather I need to pony up for some asp.net hosting I can't do much.
WAR EAGLE!