• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Illegal immigration

Started by Banana fanna fo fanna, October 17, 2004, 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dxoigmn

For those of you (the < 18 year olds) that have jobs, do you actually contribute this money back to your family?  And does your family actually need it?  Do you help pay for rent?  Do you pay for food?  Do you pay for school related items?  Or do you go to the mall spend it on the newest video game?  Or perhaps new computer stuff?  Or software?  How about new clothes?  My point is, just because you can't get a job as a high schooler doesn't mean jack.  It means that you won't have extra spending cash when it can better go to some family that actually needs it.

muert0

I was helping my family with rent, food and paying for all of my clothes when I was 16. My mom was just starting to go to school and we wouldn't of had a plcae to live and very little to eat if I hadn't. But if you are saying only people who are under 18 work at jobs that pay minimum wage work you are wrong again. There are plenty of men and women that work these jobs that provide you with food from restaurants and make sure the shelves at the grocery stores are stocked.

Just a couple of questions for you. Do you pay for your schooling, housing , or food? How did you get your first car? Who pays your insurance?

O well I'm off to work.
To lazy for slackware.

dxoigmn

Quote from: muert0 on October 19, 2004, 09:20 AM
Just a couple of questions for you. Do you pay for your schooling, housing , or food? How did you get your first car? Who pays your insurance?

I pay for my schooling, and food.  I also have a full-ride scholarship (except for what I can pay) which pays for housing, tuition and other miscellaneous fees.  I don't own a car, nor do I wish to own a car because I don't have the funds to pay for one.  I don't have insurance except medical from the college which is payed for by my scholarship.  This computer I am typing on now was payed for by the college.  I am a content person with the little that I own.  muert0, I understand your situation because I had to go through a lot of the same.  A lot of the kids on these forums are very well off from what I've read.  They have no perception of the real world because they have been sheltered nor do they understand what it is like to put your earnings towards basic necessities.  It's easy to say things about a situation when you've never experienced that situation, but that is ignorant.

quasi-modo

I fail to see why a lack of labor back in mexico stops immigrants from actually going through the steps to enter the country legally or apply for amnesty.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hazard

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 19, 2004, 07:50 AM
For those of you (the < 18 year olds) that have jobs, do you actually contribute this money back to your family?  And does your family actually need it?  Do you help pay for rent?  Do you pay for food?  Do you pay for school related items?  Or do you go to the mall spend it on the newest video game?  Or perhaps new computer stuff?  Or software?  How about new clothes?  My point is, just because you can't get a job as a high schooler doesn't mean jack.  It means that you won't have extra spending cash when it can better go to some family that actually needs it.

I contribute money to my family to help pay for my high school tuition. I don't know if my family needs it, but it takes the burden off of them. We do not pay rent, we are homeowners and the morgage is paid off. I buy all of my own food outside of what already exists here at home. I pay for much of my school stuff, including books. I still have spending money left over for extras.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

quasi-modo

I pay all of my car insurance, my gas, and bought my truck.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Stealth

My work funds my social life, computer equipment, cell phone, and car insurance/gas/repairs/itself. My family will loan me money if needed but I pay it back. Otherwise, no, I don't contribute it back to my family unless you count the hand-me-down computer equipment they get as a result of my infrequent upgrades. ;)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

YaYYo

Quote from: Hazard on October 19, 2004, 06:30 PM
Quote from: dxoigmn on October 19, 2004, 07:50 AM

I contribute money to my family to help pay for my high school tuition. I don't know if my family needs it, but it takes the burden off of them. We do not pay rent, we are homeowners and the morgage is paid off. I buy all of my own food outside of what already exists here at home. I pay for much of my school stuff, including books. I still have spending money left over for extras.

high school tuition. Elaborate more.

Hazard

My tuition to go to school is about 10 grand a year, whats to elaborate?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

|