• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Illegal immigration

Started by Banana fanna fo fanna, October 17, 2004, 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muert0

My mom lost her job to contracts in India and so did 5000+ people at her ex-workplace(Sprint).  We have tons of people lossing jobs to illegal immigration and saying well all the people who came here are immigrants isn't that great of an arguement. How many years ago was that? A lot has changed since then our country can't support it's self  and people coming here illegally get to use the schools, roads, and other things paid for by our taxe dollars. Thye should have to contribute just like the rest of us.
To lazy for slackware.

Forged

QuotePerhaps we should invent some doctrines that according to God's word allow us to take (and rape) the land.
cough*manifest destiny*cough

QuoteMy mom lost her job to contracts in India and so did 5000+ people at her ex-workplace(Sprint).

Your mom lost her job due to her place of buisness movng, not illegal immigration. 

QuoteWe have tons of people lossing jobs to illegal immigration
The jobs illegal immigrants take are hardlly jobs worth taking anyway.  minimum wage jobs at wal-mart, and jobs digging ditches.

Quotesaying well all the people who came here are immigrants isn't that great of an arguement. How many years ago was that? A lot has changed since then our country can't support it's self 
Sure it is a great argument, it just disproves your point so you dislike it.

Quoteand people coming here illegally get to use the schools, roads, and other things paid for by our taxe dollars. Thye should have to contribute just like the rest of us
They would be paying taxes if they were allowed to be made citizens.

QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Hazard

Quote from: Forged on October 18, 2004, 04:59 PM
QuotePerhaps we should invent some doctrines that according to God's word allow us to take (and rape) the land.
cough*manifest destiny*cough

Not the same thing. Read a book.

Your mom lost her job due to her place of buisness movng, not illegal immigration. 

Actually, its called outsourcing. Better send the job there than to bring the immigrants here so they can mooch.

The jobs illegal immigrants take are hardlly jobs worth taking anyway.  minimum wage jobs at wal-mart, and jobs digging ditches.

Jobs none-the-less. People that have to work multiple jobs need that availability, and citizens should take precident. The fact is, this point is invalidated by the negative effects of illegal immigration.

Sure it is a great argument, it just disproves your point so you dislike it.

Its an invalid argument. Slavery used to be legal, but the times changed. Free immigration used to be legal, but times changed.

Quote from: Forged on October 18, 2004, 04:59 PMThey would be paying taxes if they were allowed to be made citizens.

Not neccessarily. As you said yourself, they take the low-paying jobs that "nobody wants" right? What are the odds they lie above the poverty line? Then you have the issue of having to pay for all of those people claiming impoverish benefits.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

dxoigmn

Quote from: Hazard on October 18, 2004, 05:16 PM

Jobs none-the-less. People that have to work multiple jobs need that availability, and citizens should take precident. The fact is, this point is invalidated by the negative effects of illegal immigration.

So I pose this question: Would you be a gardener?  Would you care that people ridiculed you for being one?  Would you really take those jobs they fulfill?  Be honest.  You wouldn't touch them.

Not neccessarily. As you said yourself, they take the low-paying jobs that "nobody wants" right? What are the odds they lie above the poverty line? Then you have the issue of having to pay for all of those people claiming impoverish benefits.

I thought they automatically take out income tax, state taxes, social security tax, medicare tax, etc out of your pay check.   That's what happens with my paycheck.  So then, how are they not paying taxes if they're working legally?

Banana fanna fo fanna

Since when was coming over and taking people's land ever legal?  Oh wait, it's not.  Perhaps we should invent some doctrines that according to God's word allow us to take (and rape) the land.

Oh please, cut the "religious right" bullshit.

So I pose this question: Would you be a gardener?  Would you care that people ridiculed you for being one?  Would you really take those jobs they fulfill?  Be honest.  You wouldn't touch them.

There are plenty of poor people/kids/dropouts who would.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on October 18, 2004, 07:22 PM
Since when was coming over and taking people's land ever legal?  Oh wait, it's not.  Perhaps we should invent some doctrines that according to God's word allow us to take (and rape) the land.

Oh please, cut the "religious right" bullshit.

What are you talking about?  That is what happened, it's not bullshit.  Certainly if one people can do things they want, Mexican's should be able to do things the way they want?

Banana fanna fo fanna

It's different. Back then, we had imperialism. Now we poo-poo it, but these are the borders we've set up now.

Honestly, if they could take it by force, as we did with the Native Americans, it would be theirs. THAT is the difference.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on October 18, 2004, 07:38 PM
It's different. Back then, we had imperialism. Now we poo-poo it, but these are the borders we've set up now.

Honestly, if they could take it by force, as we did with the Native Americans, it would be theirs. THAT is the difference.

Well then, that is what Mexican's are doing.  They are taking your jobs, they are become legal citizens, they are voting in record numbers, they are productive members of society.  That is the American Dream, no?

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 18, 2004, 07:40 PM
Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on October 18, 2004, 07:38 PM

Well then, that is what Mexican's are doing. They are taking your jobs
Yes.
they are become legal citizens
No. They're hopping the border and squeezing out kids and taking advantage of lame laws which let them jump to the front of the line.
they are voting in record numbers
Voting not as an American, but as a Mexican who wants open borders.
they are productive members of society
The legal ones? Yes. The illegals...not so much.
That is the American Dream, no?

quasi-modo

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 18, 2004, 07:18 PM

I would. I would be a construction worker. Every summer kids flood the job market and apply for jobs to bag groceries. It gets quit hard to find a job when you are a high school student. I remember before i had a job I had to mow peoples laws. That was my sophmore year in high school.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hazard

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 18, 2004, 07:18 PM

I thought they automatically take out income tax, state taxes, social security tax, medicare tax, etc out of your pay check.   That's what happens with my paycheck.  So then, how are they not paying taxes if they're working legally?

As a matter of fact, my summer job was working with my neighbor (your average, white, blue collar citizen) in lawn care doing the same "undesireable" work that you attribute to the work of "immigrants." Its simply not the cut and dry case. My Foreign Relation's teacher's father was the owner, operator, and worker in a lawn care and fruit picking business. He was also your average, white, blue collar American. The fact is that hard working Americans aren't often ridiculed for their line of work and if they are, they dismiss it. Its a good way to make a living. When I'd have somebody laugh at me for what I did over the summer, I pointed out that I made $9.50 an hour while the lucky among them made 6 in retail.

If you are below the poverty line, you are entitled to tax exemptions and benefits. Some of the "tax" dollars they give end up going right back to themselves. Besides, all of that doesn't apply to illegal aliens who obviously don't declare their income and it is therefore untaxable.

muert0

I'm not replying to all of this just the staement about the only jobs they take are minimum wage...
You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. I worked pipelines for a while making $9/hr with $50 perdiam with a guarented 60 hours a week.
That's $630 taxed and $350 untaxed since per diam isn't taxed. When it came to lay offs the mexicans that were working for $6 and hour still had a job...

Oh yean one more thing:
and people coming here illegally get to use the schools, roads, and other things paid for by our taxe dollars. Thye should have to contribute just like the rest of us
QuoteThey would be paying taxes if they were allowed to be made citizens.
They wouldn't be illegal immigrants then...
To lazy for slackware.

Forged

QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Hazard

Quote from: Forged on October 19, 2004, 01:39 AM
Quote from: muert0 on October 18, 2004, 10:41 PM
They wouldn't be illegal immigrants then...

Exactlly.

Its still not an argument. The drain would overwhelm the economic gain.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on October 18, 2004, 07:42 PM
No. They're hopping the border and squeezing out kids and taking advantage of lame laws which let them jump to the front of the line.

Voting not as an American, but as a Mexican who wants open borders.

The legal ones? Yes. The illegals...not so much.

So if we gave them a chance to become citizens, then they would be productive members of society.  So why don't we give them that?  We need more productive members of society and if Mexican's are willing to do the labor many of American's are so unwilling to do, then let them do it.  Get an education, go to college, get a better job or go to vocational school.  And yes, they are border hopping and squeezing out children, that is their goal...it's not to get ahead in life so their family can have the basic neccesities.  In any case, if their voting, their vote is just as good as yours...except that you can't vote.

|