• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

liberal = hypocrite?

Started by Arta, October 14, 2004, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

Quote from: muert0 on October 14, 2004, 07:26 PM
I don't watch television at all and you're talking about a company that's putting on an anti-Kerry show from what I gather. That's all I know about it.
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but what company is putting on the Anti Kerry show? I am a bit confused about this thread  :-X
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Arta

Since I don't live in the states I don't feel qualified to comment on whatever bias the media might have. I just pity you guys for having to put up with it. I guess bias is what happens when misguided corporations try to turn news into entertainment.

Anyway:

Of course there is, but we don't try to suppress the lefts freedom of expression. We don't send cops to arrest all the protesters at these "peace" gatherings. But as soon as a right-winger walks in there with an opposing viewpoint, the swear words and fists fly, and then the cops are called on the people who were being non-violent.

Hypocrites come in all flavours. I don't think you can talk much about free speech when it's the policy of your current administration to ensure that protestors have 'zones' from which they can stray, all of which are placed so far from whatever route bush is taking as to be made entirely ineffectual. I don't think you can talk about free speech when merely airing your views is enough for the patriot-act-empowered FBI/NSA/Whoever to start bugging you and reading your email.

btw, people who try to beat you up for airing your views are not hypocrites because they are liberal(/conservative/other), they are hypocrites because they are stupid.

Kp

Here's one for you: celebrities who support strict gun control laws, but also hire armed bodyguards (who are armed in such a way that their weapons would most definitely not be legal if the proposed gun control laws were in effect).  If they believe that strongly that nobody (or at least not private citizens) should be carrying those guns, why're they paying guards (who are private citizens) to carry those types of guns? :)
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Tuberload

Or celebrities that complain about wasted energy and that we need to get rid of nuclear energy plants, yet they live in huge mansions?
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Banana fanna fo fanna

I totally think we should knock down all the coal plants and go nuclear.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on October 15, 2004, 07:00 PM
I totally think we should knock down all the coal plants and go nuclear.
I aggree. France may suck, but they are virtually completely powered by nuclear. They are extremely efficient too. They reprocess their waste with something called a feeder reactor and use the crap over and over.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Banana fanna fo fanna

Yeah, that's truly the way to go.

Regarding liberal hypocrisy:

Today I was having a conversation with a hardcore liberal lesbian. She says, "BUSH IS AMERICA'S HITLER!" I say, "why?" She says Bush tries to control people's lives because of a ban on gay marriage, and that republicans should become open-minded. I then begin to tell her about how fiscal conservativism is far superior to liberal and foreign policy and how there has not been a single world war since America became the "world's police". After this, she said: "still...he wants a ban on gay marriage.  I hate him."

Hmm. I should become more "open-minded", yet she is totally closed minded about all the issues. I've seen this behavior exhibited a lot by liberals, _especially_ the gay rights crusaders.

PC disclaimer: not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hazard

I know plenty of homosexuals who support George Bush and they believe gays are taking this whole thing too personally. These are the few who say "Hey wait a minute, gay marriage is not the only issue in this damn election."

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Adron

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on October 16, 2004, 06:24 PM
how there has not been a single world war since America became the "world's police".

What's your definition of "world war"? Isn't that a rather rare thing in the thousands of years since the last ice age already without America being the "world's police"?

Actually, I'm not convinced there haven't been a few world wars in the last couple of years, vs Iraq for example. All depends on exactly how you define it, how many countries are required to get involved.

Hazard

None of which you have supported I'm sure, since you seem to preach that "War is not the answer." like the gospel.

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on October 17, 2004, 09:15 AM
None of which you have supported I'm sure, since you seem to preach that "War is not the answer." like the gospel.

Well, the Kuwait one I supported. That was a response. The other ones recently have been more like "USA is the greatest and we do what we want to, just look at what happens to these small defenseless countries that annoyed us. We're going over to hand out some punishment!"

Hazard

So what was your solution to the imminent threat of the Taliban and al Qaeda in Afghanistan? I'd love to hear your response to that. I say "Let's Roll!" You say, "Lets roll over!"

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on October 17, 2004, 11:18 AM
So what was your solution to the imminent threat of the Taliban and al Qaeda in Afghanistan? I'd love to hear your response to that. I say "Let's Roll!" You say, "Lets roll over!"

There was no imminent threat. Any other questions?

Banana fanna fo fanna

Perhaps you could make that point about Iraq, but not the Taliban/al Qaeda

Adron

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on October 17, 2004, 12:57 PM
Perhaps you could make that point about Iraq, but not the Taliban/al Qaeda

They didn't seem like an imminent threat either. The Taliban weren't any immediate threat to the USA.

|