• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

liberal = hypocrite?

Started by Arta, October 14, 2004, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arta

I just read that on a thread.

I can't wait to hear the justification. This should be good.

Tuberload

I do not think ones political views make them a hypocrite. You do that on your own.

I think that is like saying that because you're black you're a slave, or if you're Asian that you have a little penis.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Arta

Yes. In other words: patently stupid.

Hazard

The practice of liberal hypocriticism. For example, their constant clinging to their right to free speech, but their attempts to squash the freedom of speech for those speaking out against them. For example, take a look at the video for Operatoin Eagle Strike at the Protest Warrior website. You'll see the liberal A.N.S.W.E.R. group exercising their right to freedom of speech and their violent attempts to squash the freedom of speech of the ProtestWarriors. Hypocritical? You be the judge.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Tuberload

I fail to see how that makes all liberals hypocrites...
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Arta

If what you say is true, that makes the group in question hypocrites, not all liberals.

Hazard

Its pointing out the general hypocricy of the left.

Tuberload

There is no hypocrisy in the right?

hismajesty

Of course there is, but we don't try to suppress the lefts freedom of expression. We don't send cops to arrest all the protesters at these "peace" gatherings. But as soon as a right-winger walks in there with an opposing viewpoint, the swear words and fists fly, and then the cops are called on the people who were being non-violent. Take for example the Sinclair media group that's airing that show on Kerry, it's obviously anti-Kerry, but so is Farenheight 9/11. People have the option to watch biased media, and thus shouldn't complain. If a Moore film was showed on TV, I wouldn't complain - I'd probably watch it and comment on inaccuracies. I mean, Bowling for Columbine is shown in schools, but that's definately biased. It seems as soon as somebody threatens the monopoly the left has over the media, all hell breaks lose. God forbid somebody with an opposing viewpoint be born.

muert0

The monopoly the left has over the media? Wasn't there a special on HBO following Dick around? And I don't know what you're talking about with the sinclair media thing but is it not being shown or something?
To lazy for slackware.

Stealth

I think the important distinction here is the following: liberals can be hypocrites, as can members from all sides. They are not always. I know plenty of liberals who are certainly far from hypocritical, including our own widely-supported senator Feingold.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Hazard

Quote from: muert0 on October 14, 2004, 06:52 PM
The monopoly the left has over the media? Wasn't there a special on HBO following Dick around? And I don't know what you're talking about with the sinclair media thing but is it not being shown or something?

The major news networks are commonly viewed as liberally slanted by members of both sides.

hismajesty

Quote from: muert0 on October 14, 2004, 06:52 PM

So a station does a report on a political figure and suddenly the left doesn't have a media majority? Too bad, according to a liberal station (MSNBC) 34% of news anchors identify themselves as liberal, while only 7% are conservative. Since they're the ones delivering the news, they are generall a reflection of their station. (For instance, Fox wouldn't hire Chris Matthews.)

What part of the Sinclair thing don't you know about?

Hazard

The fact is that a liberal news anchor will always put a liberal slant on things, and a conservative anchor will always put a conservative slant on things. When I'm hearing a liberal anchor talk about the "mistakes" of a conservative President I have no reason to believe him.

muert0

I don't watch television at all and you're talking about a company that's putting on an anti-Kerry show from what I gather. That's all I know about it.
To lazy for slackware.