• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

sending text to warcraftiii

Started by Laff, October 05, 2004, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laff

big fat nothing.  the tcp/ip interface matches as well so it discards the packet is my guess.  if anyone can help get straight writing the war3's directx window working, i'd love it.

Forged

good luck with that, though I rember some guy I know was doing something like that. I will talk to him next time he is online and see if I can get him to post some info on it.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Skywing

Quote from: Laff on October 13, 2004, 06:10 PM
big fat nothing.  the tcp/ip interface matches as well so it discards the packet is my guess.  if anyone can help get straight writing the war3's directx window working, i'd love it.
Back in the Warcraft III beta, I just passed a faked info chat event directly to the handler for Battle.net chat events (in order to display a string).  Somewhat of an ugly hack I suppose, but it worked.  You might be able to do something similar, still.

Laff

how exactly did you do this?  exactly what i'm looking for ;)

Skywing

Quote from: Laff on October 14, 2004, 12:07 AM
how exactly did you do this?  exactly what i'm looking for ;)
I built a chat event packet and called the handler function with the appropriate parameters.

To do that, you'll probably have to find out what the address of the chat event handler is, and what parameters it takes.  As I recall, you also need to get the class instance for Warcraft III's singleton BattleNet class and grab a critical section while calling the handler.

Of course, my information is several years old, dating back to the early beta.  Things might work differently now.

Laff

i may be 8 months from having my hardware engineering and software engineering degrees (both bachelors) but i have no idea how to go about doing that.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Laff on October 14, 2004, 03:50 AM
i may be 8 months from having my hardware engineering and software engineering degrees (both bachelors) but i have no idea how to go about doing that.

It doesn't count if you get your degrees from those non-accreditted universities that send you spam e-mail.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Laff

oregon institute of technology thx.

Zakath

reverse engineering, laff...you've gotta take it apart
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.