• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Invalid Version Error

Started by Networks, September 27, 2004, 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser.

Quote from: iago on September 28, 2004, 04:24 PM
Quote from: UserLoser. on September 28, 2004, 02:11 PM
Quote from: iago on September 28, 2004, 12:04 PM
You may use my Java library, if you would like.

UserLoser is probably the wrong person to ask, since the code isnt' really his, either. I'd ask Maddox, first, since it's his code in the .dll.

Note it is *my* DLL, not anyone elses. The whole problem is they don't know how to use it in VB without my DLL

Your DLL is a derived work of non-public code.  I don't know the laws, but I know that without Maddox and others, you wouldn't have been able to make it.

If you say so.  That was then, this is now, don't start up this crap about what I can or can't do.  Anyways, I don't care what people say, Camel and I was working on this anyways way before you got involved, and probably even before Madd0x even started working on it.  How about this, his class is based off of the work on srp.stanford.edu, without it, you guys wouldn't have been able to do it?  After all, I was the one who pointed it out that it used SRP.  I don't know the laws, but I know that without Blizzard and other libraries, they wouldn't have been able to make it.

Networks

wow..Now who do I really ask? Should I ask each individual author and hope to get a response of yes from them all before I use it? I assumed userloser because of NLS.dll (I did know others had worked on it before hand).

iago

Quote from: UserLoser. on September 28, 2004, 04:59 PM
Quote from: iago on September 28, 2004, 04:24 PM
Quote from: UserLoser. on September 28, 2004, 02:11 PM
Quote from: iago on September 28, 2004, 12:04 PM
You may use my Java library, if you would like.

UserLoser is probably the wrong person to ask, since the code isnt' really his, either. I'd ask Maddox, first, since it's his code in the .dll.

Note it is *my* DLL, not anyone elses. The whole problem is they don't know how to use it in VB without my DLL

Your DLL is a derived work of non-public code. I don't know the laws, but I know that without Maddox and others, you wouldn't have been able to make it.

If you say so. That was then, this is now, don't start up this crap about what I can or can't do. Anyways, I don't care what people say, Camel and I was working on this anyways way before you got involved, and probably even before Madd0x even started working on it. How about this, his class is based off of the work on srp.stanford.edu, without it, you guys wouldn't have been able to do it? After all, I was the one who pointed it out that it used SRP. I don't know the laws, but I know that without Blizzard and other libraries, they wouldn't have been able to make it.

There's a big difference between using public domain code (srp) and using closed code (nls).

But since you're trying to get into it, what did you actually DO on nls?  Me, Maddox, and TheMinistered, and Telos did all the reversing that I know of.  In fact, Maddox gave me shit that I gave you the code, he said I should have kept it between me and him.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*