Previous topic - Next topic

K

Quote from: Maddox on August 28, 2004, 11:00 PM
Quote from: iago on August 28, 2004, 09:32 PM
Quote from: Maddox on August 28, 2004, 08:16 PM
Quote from: Yoni on August 28, 2004, 07:51 PM
Quote from: muert0 on August 28, 2004, 07:24 PM
No the markets overcrowded.
By Java programmers and VB programmers. Computer scientists? Low level C programmers?

All of the above.

Is pay the only thing you're doing CS for?  If it is, then don't do it.  I do CS because I enjoy it, and I think it's the most fun thing in the world.  
I would rather make lots of money and have a good life, big house, giant yard, wife with big titties and great legs, a home theatre, pool, etc than do CS.

But would you take a job you absolutely despised to make money rather than do something you enjoy?  I think at some point you need to strike a balance between job satisfaction and material gains.  For some people, one makes them happier than the other, but for most of us, I think a happy median is required.

Arta

[Is pay the only thing you're doing CS for?  If it is, then don't do it.  I do CS because I enjoy it, and I think it's the most fun thing in the world.  

Word.

Mephisto

Quote from: K on August 28, 2004, 11:39 PM
Quote from: Maddox on August 28, 2004, 11:00 PM
Quote from: Maddox on August 28, 2004, 08:16 PM
Quote from: Yoni on August 28, 2004, 07:51 PM
Quote from: muert0 on August 28, 2004, 07:24 PM
No the markets overcrowded.
By Java programmers and VB programmers. Computer scientists? Low level C programmers?

All of the above.

Is pay the only thing you're doing CS for?  If it is, then don't do it.  I do CS because I enjoy it, and I think it's the most fun thing in the world.  
I would rather make lots of money and have a good life, big house, giant yard, wife with big titties and great legs, a home theatre, pool, etc than do CS.

But would you take a job you absolutely despised to make money rather than do something you enjoy?  I think at some point you need to strike a balance between job satisfaction and material gains.  For some people, one makes them happier than the other, but for most of us, I think a happy median is required.

However, I think what Maddox has suggested, he would enjoy.

j0k3r

You can turn almost anything into a job, why settle for extreme ends?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo