• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

A second Gavel?

Started by Registered, August 23, 2004, 07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Registered

I recently noticed that users designated by the original ops channel still have flags of 0 after they became an operator. Since the bot i'm making only gives the person a gavel if they have flags of 2, how can i make it so it recognizes that the person is an operator with flags of 0?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Registered on August 23, 2004, 07:27 PM
I recently noticed that users designated by the original ops channel still have flags of 0 after they became an operator. Since the bot i'm making only gives the person a gavel if they have flags of 2, how can i make it so it recognizes that the person is an operator with flags of 0?

They are either not an operator and they have the second bit of the flag unset, or they are an operator and have the second bit of the flags set.

Bear in mind that you can have a channel moderator squelched, also, so:

If Flags = 2 Then
 IsModerator = True
End If

is insufficient.  You want:

If (Flags And 2) = 2 Then
 IsModerator = True
End If
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Registered

Ahh, thanks MyndFyre, i got it now  ;D

hismajesty

This was happening yesterday in my channel. I designated somebody, and he was able to ban people, but appeared without a gavel and flags of 0. When I did /who, it didn't show him in brackets - nor when Newby did /who. However, when zorm did /who it did.  Server split?

The-FooL

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on August 24, 2004, 09:14 AM
This was happening yesterday in my channel. I designated somebody, and he was able to ban people, but appeared without a gavel and flags of 0. When I did /who, it didn't show him in brackets - nor when Newby did /who. However, when zorm did /who it did.  Server split?

Seems so.  I've noticed this too, in several channels.

Joe[x86]

nOOb moment: Gavel = Operation's Sledge Hammer of Doom, right?
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

ChR0NiC

Quote from: JoeTheOdd on August 25, 2004, 03:16 PM
nOOb moment: Gavel = Operation's Sledge Hammer of Doom, right?

Or lightly put, access to ban or kick people from a channel.

Gangz

If anyone used to play when bnet was all 1 big server. Then this is the same thing that happen during a server split. If it is a server split you should be ale to des another person on a diff server. If it happens again give it a try. Bnet may have a new glitch in it too though.

Eli_1

Quote from: Gangz on August 25, 2004, 04:54 PM

If anyone used to play when bnet was all 1 big server. Then this is the same thing that happen during a server split. If it is a server split you should be ale to des another person on a diff server. If it happens again give it a try. Bnet may have a new glitch in it too though.

I think you're confused.  A "server-split" can't occur if there's only "1 big server."

Kp

Quote from: Eli_1 on August 25, 2004, 07:22 PMI think you're confused.  A "server-split" can't occur if there's only "1 big server."

No, he just isn't explaining himself well.  He's referring to the time before we had distinct gateways, when all the servers were (supposedly) linked.  I say supposedly due to the server split problems; best server-desync story I have is when I chatted for a while in a public channel, left to eat dinner, came back 2 hours later, and watched myself have that conversation. :P
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Gangz

Quote from: Kp on August 25, 2004, 10:45 PM
Quote from: Eli_1 on August 25, 2004, 07:22 PMI think you're confused.  A "server-split" can't occur if there's only "1 big server."

No, he just isn't explaining himself well.  He's referring to the time before we had distinct gateways, when all the servers were (supposedly) linked.  I say supposedly due to the server split problems; best server-desync story I have is when I chatted for a while in a public channel, left to eat dinner, came back 2 hours later, and watched myself have that conversation. :P

Thanks KP.. Bnet was 1 big gateway with hella diff servers to connect to. The gateways were linked all stupid like, so 1 person on each server would have ops in whatever channel it was(all non-blizzard channels had ops at this time). Random people could be kicked by someone they could see. there would be like 300 people in the channel but you could only see 40..

iago

Rirst of all, this topic was poorly named.  If I wasn't so bored I wouldn't have even read it because I assumed the answer was "/designate ; /resign".

Anyway, I noticed that to.  The flags sent to my client for the secondary is 0x00, but they still have the power to ban.  The bot itself, however, is sent the flags update message, because my bot knew it had ops.

It seems to me like a Battle.net bug.  
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

MyndFyre

Has anyone noticed this with an official client?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Skeptical

In Clan eF, I was on the offical broodwar client, me and another user (eF-Outlaw) we're designating a shell Zds Bot when it suddenly happend. We moved all the other ops bots to another channel exept one so we could designate it. It wouldnt work for some reason so we tried and tried. Then when done from the current ops holders GUI it said (This User is already a channel operator) So i banned a user with the shelled Zds that didnt appear to have ops, im sure i can recreate this..Afterall it wasnt hard. I asked a few other users to come in the channel that we're not in the channel at the time. They all said that they saw it as an operator, it only seems to not be an operator to the users who are in the channel at the time. I'll try to recrate this then take a ss.

Dark-Feanor

Interesting happenings
- Feanor[xL]
clan exile
Firebot
iago: "caps lock is like cruise control for cool"