• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

My First c++ application

Started by BaDDBLooD, August 21, 2004, 02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stwong

I tend to use stdio, but that's just personal preference.  Well, thanks to a speed advantage. :P

Sargera

Quote from: Stwong on August 21, 2004, 11:59 PM
I tend to use stdio, but that's just personal preference.  Well, thanks to a speed advantage. :P

A speed advantage which is in nearly every case irrelevant?

Arta

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Banana fanna fo fanna

sargera is the definition of a troll.

Adron

Quote from: Sargera on August 22, 2004, 12:00 AM
Quote from: Stwong on August 21, 2004, 11:59 PM

A speed advantage which is in nearly every case irrelevant?

I think I'd say "in most cases there's no relevant speed advantage to using stdio".

Grok

Quote from: $t0rm on August 22, 2004, 02:35 PM

The above quote is the definition of a personal attack.  A name, a label, an intent, and no accompanying on-topic material to cleverly hide that intent.

Maddox

Quote from: Grok on August 23, 2004, 03:42 AM

The above quote is the definition of a personal attack.  A name, a label, an intent, and no accompanying on-topic material to cleverly hide that intent.

Just felt like typing something Grok?
asdf.

BaDDBLooD

Quote from: Maddox on August 23, 2004, 04:07 AM

Actually he was trying to show me about what i should not do. Well that's what i would say anyway!
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Grok

Quote from: Kp on August 21, 2004, 08:18 PM
Quote from: Grok on August 21, 2004, 06:39 PM"You code is bad"
"Your code is worse"

such posts that are not followed by constructive suggestions will be held against the person who posted it.

Is it considered constructive to inform the original author that his bad code is an inherent fault of the language he has chosen to use, and that he should therefore consider switching immediately to a superior language? :P

Absolutely.  Meanwhile, you could suggest how to do it anyway in the language he has chosen.  There may be other reasons why someone is stuck with a particular language for the project, so just telling them to switch is not necessarily constructive.

Grok

Quote from: Maddox on August 23, 2004, 04:07 AM

I suggest you do not get into a habit of being a smartass about my moderating.

Banana fanna fo fanna

* $t0rm stops the personal attacks.

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: MyndFyre on August 23, 2004, 01:46 PM
Quote from: $t0rm on August 23, 2004, 01:03 PM

$t0rm, you stink!

myndfyre, youre a microsoft sellout. :-P

BaDDBLooD

Quote from: $t0rm on August 23, 2004, 02:30 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre on August 23, 2004, 01:46 PM
Quote from: $t0rm on August 23, 2004, 01:03 PM

$t0rm, you stink!

myndfyre, youre a microsoft sellout. :-P

rrrrrrriiiiiiggggghhhhhttttt........
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

|