• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Always make backups.

Started by Yoni, August 14, 2004, 08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

Quote from: j0k3r on August 16, 2004, 10:36 AM
$50 for a 256mb flash memory stick isn't bad at all, I would recommend getting one they're pretty useful and relatively inexpensive.
If you are only using them to backup data thats a bunch, because if you use a disk you will get more space and more bang for your buck. I am not saying flash memory is bad, I have a flash memory key chain which is great for moving files from the school comp lab to home. But If you just need a backup for your home pc (in a server you would have an array idealy (in the business world atleast)), I would get a small hard drive. You can hold more and its cheaper (relatively speaking, though depending on the specs of the drive it may in fact be less then 50 bucks). Thats just how I see it.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

j0k3r

I thought about that after I posted, for permanent backups of harddrives it is probably better to get a whole spare harddrive.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Eternal

*pushes the button on his Maxtor drive*

Backup complete.  ;D
^-----silly Brit
-----------------------------
www.brimd.com