• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Go Kerry. Go away, Bush.

Started by Arta, August 01, 2004, 09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Arta

This thread is for Bush supporters. Please explain why you support a second term.

hismajesty

I've supported all of his decisions, with the exception of No Child Left Behind.

Arta

Really? Even environmental and fiscal decisions? You still support him after all the stuff that's come out about the leadup to the war and his inattention to terrorism before 9/11?

hismajesty

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 01, 2004, 09:22 AM
Really? Even environmental and fiscal decisions? You still support him after all the stuff that's come out about the leadup to the war and his inattention to terrorism before 9/11?

Yes. At least, I can't think of anything that I didn't support off the top of my head with the exception of what I already mentioned.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Neither is good, except Bush is fiscally sound, so I'd vote for him.

Hazard

The problem is that Kerry policies will only bolster terrorism. If you give into their demands and pull out of the middle east, what message is that to the enemies of the United States? That we'll give in as long as we have a liberal President? Just out of curiosity, who do you think the terrorists support for President? The Republican Bush who is willing to take the fight to their doorstep and smash them and their supporters, while cutting off their funding and rooting out their conspirators, or the Democrat Kerry who wants to pull out troops, run away from conflict, and "initiate talks" with those animals, and disarm and downsize military spending?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Eli_1

I'm not voting for Bush. I'm voting agains't Kerry.  :-\

hismajesty

Quote from: Eli_1 on August 01, 2004, 12:06 PM

You're not voting at all. :P

Negotiable

A lot of people on tv say that, actually.  It's a good position for Americans!

j0k3r

Quote from: Negotiable on August 01, 2004, 12:45 PM

A lot of people on tv say that, actually.  It's a good position for Americans!
Yeah, I'm sure if everybody just didn't vote all your problems would go away!
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Yoni

Two days ago I played the Bush Game,

www.bushgame.com

And it brainwashed me into hating Bush. (Really excellent piece of propaganda, never seen anything better.) If I could vote in the USA, I would vote for Kerry.

(Edit: Grammar)

hismajesty

I played the Bush game. It had no effect on me.

Arta

Quote from: Hazard on August 01, 2004, 11:54 AM
The problem is that Kerry policies will only bolster terrorism. If you give into their demands and pull out of the middle east, what message is that to the enemies of the United States? That we'll give in as long as we have a liberal President? Just out of curiosity, who do you think the terrorists support for President? The Republican Bush who is willing to take the fight to their doorstep and smash them and their supporters, while cutting off their funding and rooting out their conspirators, or the Democrat Kerry who wants to pull out troops, run away from conflict, and "initiate talks" with those animals, and disarm and downsize military spending?

Bush's foreign policy will create many, many more terrorists than it removes. Violence begets only violence. The way to deal with terrorists is to talk - not to the terrorists, but to the states that support them or turn a blind eye to their activities. Invading other countries with overwhelming force and killing (intentionally or otherwise) thousands of civilians in the process will only ever create even more anti-american, anti-western sentiment... surely that's obvious?

Bush's short-sighted unilateralism has even created anti-american sentiment in the US's european allies, in NATO... Given that, it's hard to imagine the level of hatred that must exist in nations where the US military has killed thousands of people. A 'war on terrorism' is a silly concept, akin to a 'war on drugs'.. Trying to fight small bands of terrorists with a huge army only plays into their hands.

Arta

To sum up my position, here is a quote from a previous thread:

Quote from: Arta[vL] on June 28, 2004, 08:47 PM
I'm not ranting - seriously. I don't just instantly dislike Bush because he's Republican.

I dislike Bush for the following reasons:

His attitude. He doesn't take the job seriously. I hate that little smirking wry smile he uses when he's trying to be charming. I'll never forget that footage of him in an interview during the campaigns. He was being asked about world leaders, and displaying considerable unfamiliarity with the subject. He was asked who the leaders of India & Pakistan are and he didn't know either. He covered up his lack of knowledge by trying to be amusing. He just came off looking like an idiot.

His bad public speaking isn't a malady in itsself, it is a symptom. It concerns me greatly. When speaking, it is blindingly obvious when he is giving a prepared answer and when he is not. I'm sure you remember the press conference when he was unable to highlight mistakes in Iraq and stood there in semi-silence for several minutes. His inability to field such questions demonstrates his lack of awareness. He is not 'on the ball'. He displays no insight, no ability to think on his feet, no eloquence, in short: none of the qualities I would expect to see in a leader. He is inarticulate. I see no evidence of an enquiring mind. He comes off as ignorant - and I'm NOT just bashing. If I were to ask a stupid person masquerading as a knowledgeable person about an important topic, I suspect I would get an answer very much like Bush's when he hasn't been prepared with a response. He is obtuse. He has no gravitas.

Lastly, I hate his position on just about everything. I oppose the death penalty.  I think that liberty is more important than security. I think the environment is more important than the economy. I think that attacking & occupying middle-eastern countries creates more terrorists than it destroys. I think that supporting oil interests and big business is very short sighted. I think that increasing the deficit to finance populist tax cuts is bizarre. I think that the 2nd amendment is antiquated, and that even if it is ruled not to be, that reasonable firearm restrictions are not only prudent, but imperative.

He is, in my opinion, the opposite of a good president.

hismajesty

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 01, 2004, 01:41 PMBush's foreign policy will create many, many more terrorists than it removes. Violence begets only violence. The way to deal with terrorists is to talk - not to the terrorists, but to the states that support them or turn a blind eye to their activities. Invading other countries with overwhelming force and killing (intentionally or otherwise) thousands of civilians in the process will only ever create even more anti-american, anti-western sentiment... surely that's obvious?

Surely the terrorists are going to be more keen towards somebody who is going to sit down and talk, over one that is going to punish the evil doers. For example, World War II, Hitler was defeated by a bunch of people sitting around and talking, it took force. I'm sure if Bush didn't decide to do something, everybody would call him a coward and the like.

|