• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

What kind of car do you drive?

Started by UserLoser., July 25, 2004, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Grok

Oh hell yes, I was able to chirp the tires going into second gear tonight, on two of my runs.  You're not supposed to be able to do that because of the extremely stick 18" Pirelli tires and the Volvo's computer taking 500 readings per second and adjusting prior to an actual tire slippage.  Probably because there were 3 adults in the car the added weight made it possible, but I don't know.  On the S60R forums and on SwedeSpeed, people were tossing around ideas of how to actually break the tires loose, and it is very hard for even those racing types.

Maddox

I drive a 2003 GMC Sierra with a V8.
asdf.

Hazard

I'm haggling with the dealership owners to buy a North Face Edition Chevy Avalanche.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Grok

Hazard

Thats not a Chevy Avalanche. Hell, that's not even a Chevy.

Thats the North Face Edition Chevy Avalanche. I like it because it has all the features that I need in a truck, 4WD, plenty of torque in low gears, lots of cargo space with the removable rear window and collapsable seats, tons of towing capacity, and enough ammenities to keep me comfortable all the while.

Fr0z3N

Quote from: Rubicon on July 26, 2004, 09:08 AM
I wanna get a chev avalanche.

You missed my post on a chev avalanche?

deadly7

I can't drive anything until i actually get a license.. :P

Akamas

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Hazard

Quote from: Akamas on August 09, 2004, 07:38 PM
The avalanche is 90% plastic.

Not true. Even if it where, the Escalade is 90% chrome and fake wood.

Hitmen

And both of them strech the boundries of how ugly you can make a car.

Akamas

Escalade is 100% better than the piece of shit avalance.
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Hazard

Quote from: Akamas on August 10, 2004, 02:40 AM
Escalade is 100% better than the piece of shit avalance.

The Escalade is a piece of shit. It's nothing but chrome and fake wood. It has next to no towing capacity even if you get the tow package, it wouldn't even come close to being efficent as an off road vehicle, and its more than 60k. It's an overgrown station wagon. It gets the worst gas mileage. Its for rich white people and wannabe gangsters and is totally useless in any sort of meaningful capacity.

The Avalanche has 5 ton towing capacity, a Vortec 5300 V8 with more low end torque than you could possibly need, tons of cargo space for dirt bikes, kayaks, etc. and tons of little amenities to make those trips comfortable. Also, I'll get mine for about 22k-25k at the most. The Escalade is a joke.

Hazard

Quote from: Hitmen on August 09, 2004, 10:21 PM
And both of them strech the boundries of how ugly you can make a car.

I prefer the utility of the car rather than how pretty the fenders are molded. When I'm tearing through mud on hunting trips looks don't make the least bit of difference.

muert0

Do you know of any sites that have pictures of someone driving off road with a Avalanche I looked through a couple of sites and couldn't find any. It really seems to me there are better trucks to do that in.
To lazy for slackware.

|