• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Canada's game, Lacrosse!

Started by Fr0z3N, July 17, 2004, 03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitmen

Personally, I think canada shouldn't have a national sport. Why? Because it's stupid! Just like down here in the states every state has a state bird and a state flower and shit like that. Why?! It's fucking stupid.

Crypticflare

We had a kid entering 8th grade here at the highschool I went to, I believe his current stats are about 5'9 - 6'0 and hes around 175-180LBS the kids a monster, it was funny watching him play some type of running back position during football season, he'd just sprint through a gap and it'd take like 4 opposing players to even get him low enough to stumble across the ground.

iago

Quote from: Hitmen on July 19, 2004, 02:45 AM
Personally, I think canada shouldn't have a national sport. Why? Because it's stupid! Just like down here in the states every state has a state bird and a state flower and shit like that. Why?! It's fucking stupid.

Jealous?  

Does the USA have a national sport?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

j0k3r

I think it's baseball isn't it? College/Allstar football seems pretty popular too.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Grok

Quote from: iago on July 19, 2004, 07:14 AMJealous?  

Does the USA have a national sport?

Yes, Baseball.  It is the only sport given an exemption to the Sherman Anti-Trust Act, and purposefully allowed to be a monopoly.

muert0

Sounds more american than apple pie.
To lazy for slackware.

muert0

I haven't even ever seen a lacrosse game. Why's it suck?
To lazy for slackware.

j0k3r

It doesn't, Akamas is just "opinionated". It's like a mix of hockey and football I guess.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

muert0

I've seen a couple of pictures. Is it a little baseball like too? Anyone know any good websites?
To lazy for slackware.

j0k3r

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/7481/

From what I understand, it's alot like hockey but you run on a grass field with less equipment and try to "stradle" the ball in your stick.
John Vo

muert0

Heh lacrosse. I'm such a tard I was thinking cricket. It's pretty much field hockey huh. Seems like it kinda fits as a good sport for Canada. Hockey for winter, lacrosse for summer.
To lazy for slackware.

K

Quote from: j0k3r on July 19, 2004, 03:05 PM

From what I understand, it's alot like hockey but you run on a grass field with less equipment and try to "stradle" the ball in your stick.

you mean "cradle?"  ;)  Straddle sounds kind of uncomfortable.

j0k3r

John Vo

Fr0z3N

That's called field lacrosse. I play indoor which you run on a hockey rink with no ice and you cradle the ball.

j0k3r

Quote from: Rubicon on July 24, 2004, 09:32 AM

That's called field lacrosse. I play indoor which you run on a hockey rink with no ice and you cradle the ball.
I was refering to the professional league, from what I've seen on TV (not 100% sure though, you probably know more).
John Vo