• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

How much storage do YOU have?

Started by cefx-, July 03, 2004, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

Quote from: peofeoknight on July 11, 2004, 06:09 PM
Oh I was not looking at the picture the first time and looking at the optical. Yes that is most likely alchohol, daemon tools, phantom cd, or something else creativing virtual drives, I have 6 optical right now, only 2 are real.

You probably do not have 'optical'.  Optical generally refers to MO, "magnito optical" drives, which are produced by Sony, Plasmon, Hewlett Packard, and some others.  The sizes are typically 940MB, 1.2GB, 2.6GB, 5.2GB, 9.1GB, and some variations.  Optical comes in WORM and RW.  I have worked with optical since 1994, and have migrated some 500 million pages of documents to optical drives in that time with software I have written or supported at my customers.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Grok on July 11, 2004, 07:09 PM
Quote from: peofeoknight on July 11, 2004, 06:09 PM
Oh I was not looking at the picture the first time and looking at the optical. Yes that is most likely alchohol, daemon tools, phantom cd, or something else creativing virtual drives, I have 6 optical right now, only 2 are real.

You probably do not have 'optical'.  Optical generally refers to MO, "magnito optical" drives, which are produced by Sony, Plasmon, Hewlett Packard, and some others.  The sizes are typically 940MB, 1.2GB, 2.6GB, 5.2GB, 9.1GB, and some variations.  Optical comes in WORM and RW.  I have worked with optical since 1994, and have migrated some 500 million pages of documents to optical drives in that time with software I have written or supported at my customers.

By optical he is refering to CD/DVD drives.

Grok

Yes, I know.  Hence my response.

quasi-modo

I have always heard of cd and dvd refered to as optical because of the fact that it is not magnetic like a hard disk, or floppy, or even a magnito optical, which as you know is like a hybrid between magnetic and optical storage (hence the name I guess). I have always heard magnito optical refered to as magnito optical....
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hitmen

I have an MO disk sitting on my desk somewhere. I don't know where it came from, how I got it, or when I got it, but it's there.

|