• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Who wrote the first BGate?

Started by timbo, December 31, 2002, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo

Just curious as to who wrote the first binary gateway for chatbots (bgate)

these guys have one that looks very similar to the first one i saw, added a few features and so on.

http://www.novaslp.net/bg3

RhiNo

Yes i think it was nova that wrote the first bgate but i could be wrong

Zorm

$t0rm wrote the first bgate in java, required sc to be open and such
"Now, gentlemen, let us do something today which the world make talk of hereafter."
- Admiral Lord Collingwood

timbo

nova is one of the guys that is doing bg3 now, i was just curious because i remember whoever used to post here about a year ago (or so i thought)

n00blar

CandyColor and Neocronic wrote one a while before nova.  However, they also wrote something called nulledbot that was weird.

RhiNo

u mean nullbot and it was basically like a stepping stone leading to all the plugins for a client when bots were banned

warz

You mean it was a pointless waste of time.

RhiNo

yea basically because not too long after bots were made public again

l)ragon

if i remember correctly it was $torm and Keigan that wrote the first one.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

haZe

Neocronic = Mesiah
-.-

$t0rm:][)

I wrote the first binary gateway, called...well BinaryGateway. I started it before the bot ban was announced as a sort of learning project. It was pretty crappy but it worked. In theory, SC didn't need to stay open, but because I wasn't skilled in OOP at the time, it required the SC connection to stay open. Basically, you'd start up BG, connect SC to localhost and log in, then connect your chatbot to localhost.

BinaryGateway 2 was created by me, kaegan, Hype, and Raihan. We took the BG code, ported in from Java to VB, and revamped the system. Between the first binarygateway and the second, kaegan developed kbin. We had kbin do the logging on for us instead of SC. This was an unstable POS and didn't work with a lot of bots, but it was the first incarnation of the modern BG.

BinaryGateway 2.5 was developed by Nova. He took our source code and refined it. This is the codebase to BG3.

BG3 is developed by Nova, Tyriel, and formerly Puck. It is a souped-up version of our original BG2. He added more games to kbin, added stability, and leak control.

There was something called bgate developed by zorm and dragon (I think), but I never really used it too much.

I don't claim to have invented proxy botting. I hear Skywing came out with something called BinaryBotPlugin which was kind of similar. I took the idea of proxy botting  from a post from Kamakazie, but I (think) I invented the idea of translating the protocols.

That's the real story.

RhiNo

but i know someone who is making a new bgate with a whole shitload of features according to what he was telling me  :P

warz

Can't be, you're obviously out of your mind. OBVIOUSLY.

MrRaza

I also think c0ke made one, but thats all here-say

Nova1313

coke did make one at one time.

And bg3 doens't use kbin. I've completely rewritten the login system for it. 2.0 was the last that used kbin. 2.5 i made used a module version of kbin that I made from keagans source. My same module was in raibot for a while i think. Or some bot that incdamage people made. maybe it was iB?

I've not heard of another one coming out with more features. But If anyone would do it im going to put my money on puck since tyriel and I sorta gave him the boot because he kept having power struggles on our forum and did nothing but fight with the rest of us sometimes. Other times he was good. He's an excellent programmer (I'd have to consider him better then me really because of his style)

I'll be the first to admit that my coding sucks alot and I'm rewriting parts of it all the time. It sucks 1 cause it's in vb. 2 because I still am and prolly will always be a noob coder if you want to call it that. My college professor even complains about my style that I should be more organized and have more comments in the code. So I've been reworking bg3 with that.