• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Weight Training Improvements

Started by j0k3r, May 04, 2004, 06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0k3r

QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

warz

Quote from: jigsaw on May 23, 2004, 02:51 PM
I can bench about 135.

Well, judging by those tiny tri and biceps, I'd have to say he isn't lying.

Maddox

I can squat 410, and can do about half that on the bench. Clean was less than both, maybe 170.
asdf.

Hazard

I can only bench about 255 right now  :'(

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

j0k3r

Bahhh I didn't realize how easy smith machine was, you guys talking about freeweight or smith machine bench press?

Edit: Oh, at the end of the year (schools out yesterday :P) I could do 155 without much problem, another 20 since last time.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

j0k3r

Quote from: warz on May 26, 2004, 12:02 AM
I can bench about 135.

Benchpress uses your chest, you don't need much bicep/tricep strength.
John Vo

Tuberload

Quote from: j0k3r on June 19, 2004, 06:54 AM
Quote from: warz on May 26, 2004, 12:02 AM
I can bench about 135.

Benchpress uses your chest, you don't need much bicep/tricep strength.

It works your triceps as well.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

j0k3r

The excercise your tricep gets from doing benchpress is almost insignifcant, you wouldn't be able to build your triceps by just doing bench.
John Vo

Eibro

Quote from: j0k3r on June 19, 2004, 03:11 PM
The excercise your tricep gets from doing benchpress is almost insignifcant, you wouldn't be able to build your triceps by just doing bench.
Unless you take a super wide grip, you're wrong.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

j0k3r

I'm speaking out of personal experience, you might be right though Eibro, because my arms are pretty long.
John Vo

Crypticflare

all of the lifting I ever did during my highschool football career were free-weights, my school couldn't afford any of those new age machines, I think the only thing we didn't use freeweights on was the military press machine,  and I think something that helped tone your calfs (Spelling?)

j0k3r

John Vo

jigsaw

jok3r, you are wrong. Bench press uses significant tricep strength....  however your triceps are subject to more tension in daily use... like your hands for instance... Ive built my triceps significatly from bench press... specifically close-grip bench press.... And I can bench 415... hehe. Id be more than happy to help anyone with there weight training and cardio programs... just email me - i wont charge :P

j0k3r

fasdkjfhsfhsad;lfhsadf.

I don't do close grip bench, my hands are usually placed just outside my shoulders. I've killed my triceps working out then done my max weight MANY times before, and never noticed a difference, but if you say so...

Also Jigsaw, did you get my email back? Is there anything you need help with?
John Vo

jigsaw

I'll reply to you by the end of the week - thanks