• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

Woohoo!

Started by MyndFyre, May 04, 2004, 11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

First day of summer break :)

Plans: I'm taking Psychological Research Methods (PSY290) over the summer, and then in the fall I'm taking Spanish Conversation and Composition (SPA313), Sensations and Perception (PSY323), Problems with Democracy (POS346), Political Statistics (POS401), and I'm teaching a class called "Politics and Propaganda of Nazi Germany."  The last class is taken for 1 hour of pass-fail credit as a freshman-year seminar, but since I'm teaching it, I get 3 hours of upper-division research credit.  :)

I'm also going to Vegas this summer for a hockey tournament.  A bunch of referees (I am one) get together and play in the "Zebra Cup."  I haven't *played* in six years....

W00t!  summer vacation FINALLY!
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Eagle

Gay? I don't go on summer break until around June 6th. Though, I'm a junior - seniors get out earlier for graduation.

Dark-Feanor

I have  school untill june 4th. The more you pay for school, the less time you spend there.
- Feanor[xL]
clan exile
Firebot
iago: "caps lock is like cruise control for cool"

iago

I just started class.  Gogo workterms! :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

synth

It seems that school years have been getting shorter.  For instance, this year we get out May 28th, while last year we got out in early June.  The year before that, we ended class at about June 9th or so.  Maybe they just want me gone.

I probably should have taken another class or two.  I'm going to be loaded next year.

However, I am looking forward to the things that will be going down this summer.  A few of us (friends through robotics) have planned a LAN party or six during our break.  Usually it begins with work during the day, then we game all night, and work all the next day (without sleep, of course).

Newby

Quote from: iago on May 04, 2004, 11:50 AM
I just started class.  Gogo workterms! :)
Canadians are backwards. ;)

I get out June 18th. :(
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Mephisto

When does your school year start though?

And as for my summer:  Taking a software development and engineering class (discusses how to plan, create, and deploy your software, etc.), taking a math class for additional math credits, and hopefully a summer job if I time.  Additionally I have football practice a couple hours mon-thur and a couple football camps to go to...not to mention camping, backpacking, maybe a small vacation, etc.  :)  My summers are always busy...

effect

Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

Maddox

We don't get out of school until June 17th.
asdf.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Mephisto on May 05, 2004, 12:12 AM
When does your school year start though?

And as for my summer:  Taking a software development and engineering class (discusses how to plan, create, and deploy your software, etc.), taking a math class for additional math credits, and hopefully a summer job if I time.  Additionally I have football practice a couple hours mon-thur and a couple football camps to go to...not to mention camping, backpacking, maybe a small vacation, etc.  :)  My summers are always busy...

First day of classes: August 23rd.
Last day of classes: December 7th

For me, classes started _this semester_ on January 20th.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Eli_1

We get out May 26.  ;D

j0k3r

Oi, I think I got until June28th. Canadian highschool rawks.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

GoSuGaMING

my summer break starts june 4th at 2:10 PM ^^

hismajesty

I get out June 16th, but don't go back until early September. Don't you people that get out early go back mid-August?

Falcon[anti-yL]

My last day of school is May 21st. Your lucky you get out 2 weeks before me.