• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tool Tip text

Started by FuzZ, May 04, 2004, 02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzZ

Is it possible to have a new line on a ListView's tool tip text ?? I've tried vbCrLf, and vbNewLine, neither work. If anyone knows how, I sure would appreciate it :)

thanks for any *help* in advance.

David

There is, i was reading about it in my VB book...i forget the coding of it though...
Quote from: l]ante on March 15, 2004, 11:40 AM
You learned 8 languages in 8 months?
Geez, go code a life.

Networks

Quote from: David on May 04, 2004, 11:21 AM
There is, i was reading about it in my VB book...i forget the coding of it though...

What a useless post ^

Anyhow I was wondering how you can add a tooltiptext to and item that your about to add or just have? Referring to the to battle.net when you add a user if they join as well as when you enter channel.

FuzZ

Quote from: Networks on May 04, 2004, 01:18 PM

What a useless post ^

Anyhow I was wondering how you can add a tooltiptext to and item that your about to add or just have? Referring to the to battle.net when you add a user if they join as well as when you enter channel.

With frmBNet.lstNicks.ListItems(.ListItems.Count)
               .ToolTipText = "Ping: " & sPing & " Flags: " & sFlags

That's in my AddNick function.

Edit> I was given this link by iNDiGO2k of TGN (D2Network)
http://www.codeguru.com/vb/gen/vb_forms/listviewcontrols/article.php/c5947/

Fr0z3N

What a useless post ^

That was not useless, he told him there is a way but he forgot. Therefor letting him know that there is a way.

edit: ubt

FuzZ

Quote from: Fr0z3N on May 04, 2004, 01:23 PM

What a useless post ^

That was not useless, he told him there is a way but he forgot. Therefor letting him know that there is a way.

edit: ubt

But that was useless, just like mine! :D

The link I gave will only work if you store the stuff you want in your tooltip in a variable some where. AFAIK, at this point in time.

Flame

Draw the list yourself, then add your own tooltip which can support multiple lines  ;D

effect

Search it up google , as im at work at the moment and cannot provide you with the code.

But it is there (Multi-Line ToolTips)
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

Networks

Can't you add some spaces to make it multi-line?

FuzZ

Quote from: Flame on May 05, 2004, 10:06 PM
Draw the list yourself, then add your own tooltip which can support multiple lines  ;D

I don't really know a whole lot, or much about drawing objects.. But I will look into it..

MyndFyre

Yes folks, it was a quick Google search to the first item of the query, "Multi-Line Tooltips in Visual Basic."

The URL is:
http://www.vb-faq.com/Articles/Pharis/MultiLineToolTips.asp

[edit=1]
It has come to my attention (through reading other Google results) that this may not implicitly work for ListBox.  I suggest figuring out where the mouse is and displaying the view accordingly.[/edit]
[edit=2]
If you feel like converting C++ to VB, I suggest http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/tooltiptitletip/article.php/c4161/ .  That was on a modified query, appending "list view" to the above query.[/edit]
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

I don't know if this can possibly help, but to do multiline in Java Swing you have to do a lot of extra work extending and reimplementing some methods.  You can find the code here:
http://www.codeguru.com/java/articles/122.shtml

I have *no idea* if this has *any* relevence to Visual Basic, but who knows?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*