• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

WAR3 Bot Questions

Started by Anubis, May 02, 2004, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzZ

Quote from: Anubis on May 02, 2004, 10:36 PM
I just used a packet thingy on a Stealth Bot and the 1 I'm having truoble with and heres what it came up with (by sending the text "testing"):

From the Stealth Bot:
FF 0E 0C 00 74 65 73 74 69 6E 67 00     ....testing

From the other one:
74 65 73 74 69 6E 67                              testing

I can't help but notice the missing bytes: FF 0E 0C 00
What do I need to add to the bot to make it send those?

Yea, you're right...but I'm attempting to learn from it... (I learn better by reverse-engineering things...)

do this

Dim p as new packetbuffer
p.insertntstring "Testing 1 2 3 4"
p.sendpacket &HE

put that in a menu or something, then click the menu when you're connected.

Stealth

I just used a packet thingy on a Stealth Bot and the 1 I'm having truoble with and heres what it came up with (by sending the text "testing"):

From the Stealth Bot:
FF 0E 0C 00 74 65 73 74 69 6E 67 00     ....testing

From the other one:
74 65 73 74 69 6E 67                              testing

I can't help but notice the missing bytes: FF 0E 0C 00
What do I need to add to the bot to make it send those?

Yea, you're right...but I'm attempting to learn from it... (I learn better by reverse-engineering things...)

You're missing the packet header.

From BNetDocs:
(BYTE)      StartPacket - always 0xFF
(BYTE)      Packet ID
(WORD)    Packet length, including this header
(VOID)      Packet Data

The BNCS protocol is aggresively enforced by Battle.net - at least, for clients - and violations of the protocol generally result in an IPBan.

People tend to use packet buffers such as DarkMinion's ubiquitous sample to create these headers on demand.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Zakath

Your send function doesn't automatically calculate and add the packet header to the packet. That's a pretty serious flaw, and is why you're being disconnected. If you send Battle.net something that doesn't have any packet header whatsoever, it'll just boot you from their servers.

All packets in a binary connection should be assembled using your packetbuffer, if that's the method you've employed for setting up the data to be sent to Bnet.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Adron

(I learn better by reverse-engineering things...)

Does that mean "trying to read source code I didn't write myself", or "analyzing applications for which there is no source code available"?

Anubis

Quote from: Adron on May 03, 2004, 12:45 PM

Does that mean "trying to read source code I didn't write myself", or "analyzing applications for which there is no source code available"?

Haha, no... I just like to reverse-engineer the source code to learn what line does what...not dismantling applications...

MyndFyre

Quote from: Anubis on May 03, 2004, 06:04 PM

Haha, no... I just like to reverse-engineer the source code to learn what line does what...not dismantling applications...

But see...  Reverse-engineering is a process by which we learn how something works by breaking down its component functions from the outside (a "black box"), not by analyzing source code.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Adron

Ah, I thought that might be the case. "Reading someone else's source code" isn't the most common definition of reverse-engineering.

FuzZ

Thanks, now I know why I don't bother posting help for people anymore.

You're welcome.