• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Clan VALHALL (Sweden)

Started by Grok, May 02, 2004, 07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

While downloading QTracker, ran across this site.  http://www.cleaner.se/vhl/

Mitosis

AntiVirus

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

effect

Why is this interesting , looks like a typical clan to me.
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Their clan name is different and its for Unreal Tournament.

effect

Um i still fail to see how that clan differs from any others?
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

quasi-modo

the clan's name is still valhall... I am confused by what is interesting as well.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

MyndFyre

ooh... perhaps it's a given name in Swedish....

Who cares?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

mejal

MyndFyre

Quote from: mejal on May 03, 2004, 04:31 AM
Quote from: Myndfyre on May 03, 2004, 01:44 AM
ooh... perhaps it's a given name in Swedish....

Who cares?

For your education: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_mythology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valhall

Yes, I know what Valhalla is.  I looked up the Swedish for "Valhall" but found nothing.... which is why I suggested that perhaps it was a given name in Swedish.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Adron

No, Valhall is Swedish for Valhalla.

edit: I don't see how the a at the end of Valhalla makes sense in English anyway. Is it not a great hall?

Grok

Quote from: Adron on May 03, 2004, 10:57 AM

edit: I don't see how the a at the end of Valhalla makes sense in English anyway. Is it not a great hall?

Yes.  What is the significance of the a?

j0k3r

Quote from: Grok on May 03, 2004, 11:04 AM
Quote from: Adron on May 03, 2004, 10:57 AM

Yes.  What is the significance of the a?
Seeing as the dictionary defines valhalla in english the same way adron says valhall is defined in swedish(or sweden? bah), I'd assume it was one of those words we took from another culture, and changed to be a part of our culture.

Also, it's easier to say "valhalla legends" than it is to say "valhall legends".
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

hismajesty

QuoteAlso, it's easier to say "valhalla legends" than it is to say "valhall legends".

Just because you're used to saying it. Had it been called "Valhall Legends," you would find "Valhalla Legends" to be awkward.

j0k3r

Quote from: hismajesty on May 03, 2004, 05:34 PM
QuoteAlso, it's easier to say "valhalla legends" than it is to say "valhall legends".

Just because you're used to saying it. Had it been called "Valhall Legends," you would find "Valhalla Legends" to be awkward.
No, not really, say it. It's like in french when you try to say two syllables in a row, the word doesn't come out right and it is hard to determine how it is spelled.

To me, it sounds like "valha legends".
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo