• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Zerg is the #1 Race

Started by AntiVirus, April 28, 2004, 05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explicit

I propose we all play in a free-for-all.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

WoOdTroll

I play zerg, trust me buddy, you wouldn't get a chance to fly away, you'd be dead. My little 25 mineral and 75 gas will eat your 300 min+shuttle cargo.

And if you dont know what unit that is, then you actually do suck. Oh wait you do. Tell me your basic b/o?

Akamas

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: WoOdTroll on December 19, 2005, 06:02 PM
I play zerg, trust me buddy, you wouldn't get a chance to fly away, you'd be dead. My little 25 mineral and 75 gas will eat your 300 min+shuttle cargo.

And if you dont know what unit that is, then you actually do suck. Oh wait you do. Tell me your basic b/o?
My build order each game depends on my opponent's race and strategy. Hahaha yes I suck, even though I've never even played you before, your shit talking is quite amusing though, more please.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Zerg suck, are you kidding? Stimpacked firebats and cloaked wraiths can beat just about everything they have.

WoOdTroll

Your stupidity is amusing, but you always give more anyways. So lickmeh.

And no firebats suck vs hydralisks, and fast overlords, not only that but put 3 spores around your economy and that harrasment wont be efficient, not only that but their overlord would scout tech anyway, and good zerg know when you're building tech.

Akamas

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on December 19, 2005, 06:52 PM
Quote from: WoOdTroll on December 19, 2005, 06:02 PM

My build order each game depends on my opponent's race and strategy. Hahaha yes I suck, even though I've never even played you before, your shit talking is quite amusing though, more please.

If your whole strategy depends on the race and strategy selection of your opponent(s), I'll assume you lose a lot. I'm assuming this because Starcraft has the "Random" option which allows the players race to be selected randomly, this means you'll have to scout the whole map in order for you to even begin to plan your strategy.

Also, Zerg > * - If you disagree with me then you are automatically wrong.

Explicit

Why don't you all settle this in a match?
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Akamas

The majority of my free time is consumed by my social life, the remainer goes to posting on various forums and occasionally chatting online. I don't have enough free time to spend on a game of Starcraft.

Tazo

Yeah Akamas you make yourself sound like you have just enough time to eat and sleep, whoa mr.busy wow you're hot shit now--you come on a forum full of nerds to brag about your social life...+1 self esteem to you im sure.

Akamas

Quote from: Topaz on December 20, 2005, 05:27 AM
If you have time to type up a post, I'm sure you can allocate some time out of your schedule for a game of Starcraft :).

As my post above states: "the remainer goes to posting on various forums and occasionally chatting online"

Quote from: Tazo on December 20, 2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah Akamas you make yourself sound like you have just enough time to eat and sleep, whoa mr.busy wow you're hot shit now--you come on a forum full of nerds to brag about your social life...+1 self esteem to you im sure.

You assume too much, I wasn't bragging, merely stating.

JimRaynor-SoK

your all  wrong terran is the best. check out the sons of korhal. www.freewebs.com/sok-community

Mystical

What does that site have to do with anything actually what are you showing?

Dv

When I used to game a lot, I always used Zerg. I agree. Zerg is the best.  ;D

Insolence

Quote from: AntiVirus on April 28, 2004, 05:56 PM
I love zerg! They are so much fun they can mass and become really strong.  And they are just so much better then the others.  So if you disagree then stfu lol jk.  So what is your favorite races?
Terran is the strongest for most play :)

Otherwise Nal_Ra style toss is da buttz.

Edit (I'm editing this as I read the rest of the thread)

Zerg is VERY hard to play, it's incrediably hard to control that many units well.  Macroing hatcheries is also pretty tough to do.  Balancing peon production is pretty tough.

Zerg is _very_ vulnerable to DT's for one reason: underestimation.  I can honestly say I've been saved by a DT countless times by holding off a Z push, I've ruined many expansions, basically the DT is a tool to take advantage of a Z; not really bread and butter.

QuoteYour dts and carriers wouldn't do anything against a good zerg player.
Carriers are extremely potent late game.

QuoteI played over 1500 games when I used to play starcraft, I've seen it all, and nothing is the same twice.
That kind of attitude makes playing important games much harder, you need to realize that there are many new things when you don't have a very generic view of things.

QuoteAs for the dt drop on the minerals, any decent player has a couple lurkers in their mineral line with a sunken/spore colony or two near there.
If you watch professional replays keeping units in your main is pretty rare.  Using overlords to scout and KNOW when a drop is coming instead of wasting resources is far more popular.

QuoteSiege tanks are pretty useless protoss will always get shuttle vs terran, and zerg will always get mutasliks or slow drop. So he can attack your cliff or main resources right away.
Saying a race will always do something is pretty ignorant, let alone the fact that seige tanks are essential in TvP.

QuoteIf your whole strategy depends on the race and strategy selection of your opponent(s), I'll assume you lose a lot. I'm assuming this because Starcraft has the "Random" option which allows the players race to be selected randomly, this means you'll have to scout the whole map in order for you to even begin to plan your strategy.
You can scout at 7 and get an early view, not that hard to change a strategy...

|