• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

War3 v1.15 beta patch - new stuff! (updated)

Started by UserLoser., April 17, 2004, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser.

0x35 (C->S) - Profile request
----------------
(DWORD) Cookie
(STRING) Username

0x35 (S->C)
----------------
(DWORD) Cookie
(STRING/BYTE) Unknown - Always seen 0
(STRING) profile\description value
(STRING) profile\location value
(DWORD) Clan name

0x82 (C->S) - Clan user information
----------------
(DWORD) Cookie
(DWORD) Clan tag of user
(STRING) Username

0x82 (S->C)
----------------
(DWORD) Cookie
(STRING) Clan name
(BYTE) Rank in clan
(FILETIME) Date joined

evileye

Very thx!
btw, is there a 0x80 packet?
I've seen description of 0x70 to 0x79 and 0x81, 0x82 packet, but 0x80 lacked

Stealth

Can these be requested by Warcraft III clients on the standard (non-beta) servers?
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Soul Taker

Quote from: Stealth on April 18, 2004, 02:31 AM
Can these be requested by Warcraft III clients on the standard (non-beta) servers?
Try it...?

FuzZ

Quote from: Soul Taker on April 18, 2004, 02:50 AM
Try it...?
Why should he take the risk of getting IP Banned when someone may have already tested it? ;p

BTW, grats on your 500 posts Soul Taker

Stealth

Quote from: Soul Taker on April 18, 2004, 02:50 AM
Try it...?

Bah. No, they can't.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Spht

Quote from: UserLoser. on April 17, 2004, 11:07 AM
0x35 (S->C)
----------------
(DWORD) Cookie
(STRING) profile\description value
(STRING) profile\location value
(DWORD) Clan name

That's the clan's tag, not name.

Quote from: UserLoser. on April 17, 2004, 11:07 AM
0x82 (S->C)
----------------
(DWORD) Cookie
(STRING) Clan name
(BYTE) Rank in clan
(FILETIME) Date joined

That "unknown" is a success byte. If non-zero, the message will be 5 bytes.

nYko

It would be cool if BNLS supported the 1.15 beta patch, so I could try those packets out.

Spht

Quote from: nYko on April 19, 2004, 12:42 AM
It would be cool if BNLS supported the 1.15 beta patch, so I could try those packets out.

Not really, then we wouldn't be able to use Warcraft III on non-Westfall. But it might be nice if someone were to set up a temporarly BNLS server somewhere which uses Warcraft III 1.15 files.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Spht on April 19, 2004, 07:17 AM

Not really, then we wouldn't be able to use Warcraft III on non-Westfall. But it might be nice if someone were to set up a temporarly BNLS server somewhere which uses Warcraft III 1.15 files.

However, wouldn't it be okay to set up an additional two product IDs -- Warcraft III 1.15 = 9, Warcraft III The Frozen Throne 1.15 = 10?  Depends on how BNLS works I suppose :P

[conjecture]
Since I'm getting "unrecognized" version from 0x51 (because I've updated my version byte and the exe version string), I believe that there are two things left for me to update: the second DWORD of 0x51, Exe Version, which I've gotten by packetlogging, and then the EXE hash, the third DWORD of 0x51.

The conjecture is this: is the EXE hash a standard double-hash -- with the server and client tokens -- of the EXE version string?
[/conjecture]

If so, it should be fairly simple, by packetlogging, to get BNLS to do the work (using BNLS_HASHDATA).  You might need to play around with your stuff a little bit though. :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

Quote from: Myndfyre on April 19, 2004, 08:30 AM
Quote from: Spht on April 19, 2004, 07:17 AM

However, wouldn't it be okay to set up an additional two product IDs -- Warcraft III 1.15 = 9, Warcraft III The Frozen Throne 1.15 = 10?  Depends on how BNLS works I suppose :P

[conjecture]
Since I'm getting "unrecognized" version from 0x51 (because I've updated my version byte and the exe version string), I believe that there are two things left for me to update: the second DWORD of 0x51, Exe Version, which I've gotten by packetlogging, and then the EXE hash, the third DWORD of 0x51.

The conjecture is this: is the EXE hash a standard double-hash -- with the server and client tokens -- of the EXE version string?
[/conjecture]

If so, it should be fairly simple, by packetlogging, to get BNLS to do the work (using BNLS_HASHDATA).  You might need to play around with your stuff a little bit though. :P

If I correctly understand what you're saying, then no.   It's not a hash of the EXE version string, it's a hash of the actual data files.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Spht

That'd probably be too much work considering the beta is only lasting a couple weeks.

If someone *really* wants to get on the server, they can download the CheckRevision DLL on the bot development web site and run a local CheckRevision on the game (assuming you own Warcraft III 1.15), and use BNLS for everything else. This is probably the fastest solution now.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Spht on April 19, 2004, 08:34 AM

That'd probably be too much work considering the beta is only lasting a couple weeks.

If someone *really* wants to get on the server, they can download the CheckRevision DLL on the bot development web site and run a local CheckRevision on the game (assuming you own Warcraft III 1.15), and use BNLS for everything else. This is probably the fastest solution now.

Having looked through BotDev on your suggestion, where is the CheckRevision DLL?  I can't seem to find it....
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Tuberload

Quote from: Myndfyre on April 19, 2004, 02:32 PM
Quote from: Spht on April 19, 2004, 08:34 AM

Having looked through BotDev on your suggestion, where is the CheckRevision DLL?  I can't seem to find it....

http://botdev.valhallalegends.com/files/checkrevision.zip
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

tA-Kane

Quote from: Spht on April 19, 2004, 08:34 AMIf someone *really* wants to get on the server, they can download the CheckRevision DLL on the bot development web site and run a local CheckRevision on the game (assuming you own Warcraft III 1.15)
Am I missing something? I was under the impression that the implementation of CheckRevision() in that DLL does not work for WarCraft 3 or TFT?
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com