• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Windows Mobile 2003

Started by Paul, April 14, 2004, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

I remember Noodlez mentioning something about the Sidekick but I was wondering if anyone had plans on developing a Battle.net chat bot for Mobile 2003?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Paul on April 14, 2004, 01:50 PM
I remember Noodlez mentioning something about the Sidekick but I was wondering if anyone had plans on developing a Battle.net chat bot for Mobile 2003?

It is already in the works; it will be simply a chat client supporting BNLS games, running on the .NET Compact Framework (aha code reuse!).
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

If Java can run on it, I also have a bot that'll work :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Tuberload

Quote from: iago on April 14, 2004, 02:43 PM

Ahh the power of chee...I mean Java! I will have one too. I am working on figuring out how to program my cell phone, so I can make one for it.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

MyndFyre

Quote from: Tuberload on April 15, 2004, 01:47 AM

Ahh the power of chee...I mean Java! I will have one too. I am working on figuring out how to program my cell phone, so I can make one for it.

Hrm...  I have a PocketPC; I don't think it supports Java.  I *could* be wrong though.  64MB isn't a lot of memory for storage and running programs.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Tuberload

Quote from: Myndfyre on April 15, 2004, 08:33 AM
Quote from: Tuberload on April 15, 2004, 01:47 AM

Hrm...  I have a PocketPC; I don't think it supports Java.  I *could* be wrong though.  64MB isn't a lot of memory for storage and running programs.

No it is not a lot of memory, which is why I would make it as small as possible. I was thinking about creating an interface with my bot that would allow me to connect to it, not Battle.net, and issue queries. I have a nokia phone that I know supports Java. Most small devices that are programmable support Java, from what I understand anyways. That is a big reason for the creation of the language, so we can have smart toasters! That is also a big reason why I like the language so much, because it will allow me to program my toaster someday. ;)
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

iago

if(color.equals(Color.BROWN))
   throw(toast);
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

MyndFyre

Quote from: iago on April 15, 2004, 01:11 PM
if(color.equals(Color.BROWN))
   throw(toast);

lmao!

Paul

I really dig my t-mobile pocket pc so far! Browsing sites is sort of sluggish (40secs - 2mins)  but overall the other options (PDA stuff) are worth the price tag.

Tazo

Twin_One1

There is the J2ME (Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition), i'd think that would be able to run on windows mobile, or windows ce.

Tuberload

Quote from: Twin_One1 on April 17, 2004, 05:37 AM
There is the J2ME (Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition), i'd think that would be able to run on windows mobile, or windows ce.

Yes, it also allows you to develop and test programs of this nature outside the toaster/cell phone.

Paul

Another feature I like is the Terminal Service client on the PC Phone. I can actually just use my existing Battle.net chat bot hosted on my Terminal Server by logging in with my phone.  :P

tA-Kane

Quote from: Tuberload on April 17, 2004, 01:03 PMdevelop and test programs of this nature outside the toaster
Hmm, a toaster can run java? Could you imagine a simple toaster running your (iago's) battle.net client? That would rock beyond all beleif. Actually, not everyone has a working toaster (beleive it or not, I have 4 toasters, and all of them are broken)... it'd be much cooler for your refrigerator to run it.
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

Eli_1