• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Packet 0x4A

Started by UserLoser, February 05, 2003, 11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skywing

QuoteI've never, ever dealt with this packet. Mainly because after I found out how to log on Starcraft, I was set :)

Logging on War3 to me is pointless, I design bots for my clan, however, D2XP does look quite appealing :)

Back to the 0x4A packet, pretend when your logging on, you have a checkbox to accept it and reply to it or not, just like in the patch. If you dont check it, you ignore it, if you do check it, you need to be prepared to send different information every time(Like that one guy said he got IP banned alot). Sending the same info multiple times in the same day leads to getting IP banned(part of the anti-bot security system in Battle.net).

Anyways, I may be exactly wrong, but from what my experience(by word of mouth) with this packet dictates is what I just said above.

-Theoden
Are you certain that sending the same information causes a ban?  I think BC was getting banned because I didn't use the same response sequence as Diablo II (which doesn't appear to be in response to a particular message, rather by a timer of some sort).  In particular, if this was enforced then you'd get banned for switching games and connecting, since the way the game determines if it's already sent the system information is based on whether IX86ExtraWork.mpq is already bncache (which isn't shared between seperate game installations).