• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

JSTR Login Sequence

Started by Dyndrilliac, April 11, 2004, 01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyndrilliac

Does JSTR(Japanese StarCraft) use the same login sequence as STAR/SEXP? I looked in BnetDocs and it didn't have that particular client grouped with STAR. If not, can anyone be so kind as to show me an example of the sequence? I would packet log an actual client myself, if I had a copy of of the client :P
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Lenny

I believe it does...
Since it uses the same CDKeys, but you'll also need JSTR hashes...
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

Zakath

While you can use the same sequence as Starcraft, you'll get IP-banned. JSTR is a bit different than anything else. Not sure why you'd really care at this point...JSTR is about as restricted as CHAT.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Dyndrilliac

I just want to use it for the amazingly cool Icon on the TestBNCS server im running ^^ :)
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

UserLoser.

I don't have Japan Starcraft, but from the looks of battle.snp:

This *may* be incorrect:

C->S 0x1E (SID_CLIENTID2)
C->S 0x12 (SID_LOCALEINFO)
C->S 0x2B (SID_SYSTEMINFO)
C->S 0x06 (SID_STARTVERSIONING)
S->C 0x25 (SID_PING)
C->S 0x25 (SID_PING)
S->C 0x28 (SID_LOGONCHALLENGE)
S->C 0x06 (SID_STARTVERSIONING)
C->S 0x07 (SID_REPORTVERSION)
S->C 0x07 (SID_REPORTVERSION)
C->S 0x30 (SID_CDKEY)
S->C 0x30 (SID_CDKEY)
C->S 0x29 (SID_LOGONRESPONSE)
S->C 0x29 (SID_LOGONRESPONSE)

tA-Kane

Quote from: Lenny on April 11, 2004, 01:26 AMit uses the same CDKeys
Is that so? I tried using my STAR keys to connect to Battle.net, and I got the "cd key is for a different product" response back...

I don't happen to have a JSTR key, otherwise I'd be able to test my own bot and give you some help.
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

Maddox

Quote from: tA-Kane on April 11, 2004, 06:29 PM
Is that so? I tried using my STAR keys to connect to Battle.net, and I got the "cd key is for a different product" response back...

I don't happen to have a JSTR key, otherwise I'd be able to test my own bot and give you some help.

There is no such thing as a JSTR key. JSTR keys are the same as Starcraft keys.
asdf.

Mephisto

Binary wrote a server that parsed the JSTR login sequence for you.  It's an avaliable client in the BNRHS software he developed.  Though I'm not sure exactly when it will be avaliable for public use.  Currently it's coded in VB and will be later coverted into C/C++ for efficiency.

You can message him on AIM at CRoNo [email protected] for more information on it that I cannot provide.  :P

UserLoser.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Maddox on April 11, 2004, 06:50 PM

Then why can't I log in with JSTR using my Starcraft key?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Soul Taker

Quote from: Myndfyre on April 12, 2004, 02:55 PM
Quote from: Maddox on April 11, 2004, 06:50 PM

Then why can't I log in with JSTR using my Starcraft key?
Probably not sending the JSTR-specific CD-Key packet.

BinaryzL

SEXP/STAR CDKey works for JSTR

You send the CDKey like this for JSTR It's packet 0x30 instead of 0x36 and all it is is:

(DWORD) 0
(NTSTRING) CDKEY
(NTSTRING) CDKey Owner

UserLoser.

Quote from: BinaryzL on April 12, 2004, 04:55 PM
SEXP/STAR CDKey works for JSTR

You send the CDKey like this for JSTR It's packet 0x30 instead of 0x36 and all it is is:

(DWORD) 0
(NTSTRING) CDKEY
(NTSTRING) CDKey Owner

Shouldn't always be 0, that's a boolean for spawn

Dyndrilliac

Wow, thanks for the help guys, long story short, after fiddling with it for about 10 minutes it works beautifully on both BNLS and Hash.

One step closer to making all clients work on my bot for all available login styles :P

Edit: This information should be added to BnetDocs.