• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Record Now! help...

Started by OuTLawZGoSu, April 05, 2004, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adron

Quote from: iago on April 06, 2004, 11:51 AM
Nero came with my dvd burner and my cd burner, but it's a bundled version that only works with them.  I don't see the problem with having a bundled version, though :/

A bundled version is fine until you need to encode mpeg2, or until you get another burner from another manufacturer... I got a NEC dvd burner now and previously had bundled lite-on.

iago

Quote from: Adron on April 06, 2004, 12:37 PM
Quote from: iago on April 06, 2004, 11:51 AM
Nero came with my dvd burner and my cd burner, but it's a bundled version that only works with them.  I don't see the problem with having a bundled version, though :/

A bundled version is fine until you need to encode mpeg2, or until you get another burner from another manufacturer... I got a NEC dvd burner now and previously had bundled lite-on.

I found nero's mpeg encoding was lousy, it ends up blurry and yucky.  To encode mpeg2 I use tmpgenc.

And that's true about getting a new burner, but if I get a new one I'll hope that it comes with Nero :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

Quote from: iago on April 06, 2004, 01:02 PM
I found nero's mpeg encoding was lousy, it ends up blurry and yucky.  To encode mpeg2 I use tmpgenc.

And that's true about getting a new burner, but if I get a new one I'll hope that it comes with Nero :)

Ah, I haven't tried its encoding. What I really was after was being able to run both my lite-on and my nec burners at the same time, which I now can.