• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

0x7D

Started by nYko, April 01, 2004, 11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Ok...

You read through each byte in your packet...

The first four become a DWORD.  The next 1 is the number of users to expect.

For i = 0 To number of users to expect
 look through the packet to find the next 0.
 take all of the bytes from where you started to that location with the zero
 make those bytes all into one string.
 take the next byte, it's the rank
 the next two bytes become a WORD.
Next

Pseudocode.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

nYko

Thanks for the help. I really appriciate it. Can you tell me how that looks in VB code?

Adron

Quote from: nYko on April 03, 2004, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the help. I really appriciate it. Can you tell me how that looks in VB code?

We can tell you that it looks good in VB code. You need to learn to translate pseudocode to VB code yourself some time, and you might as well do it now. If you need help with some specific translation, I invite you to post about that specific (short) translation you need on the VB forum.

iago

Quote from: Adron on April 03, 2004, 06:24 AM

We can tell you that it looks good in VB code. You need to learn to translate pseudocode to VB code yourself some time, and you might as well do it now. If you need help with some specific translation, I invite you to post about that specific (short) translation you need on the VB forum.

I agree with all of that, except that it probably looks bad in VB code :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

SiMi

Yep, Its chr0nic all right. Recently that guy has been trying to make his sentences complete by adding periods and all that other stuff (commas, question marks, etc). Did I miss something? Did chr0nic get banned?

ChR0NiC

Quote from: nYko on April 01, 2004, 11:59 PM
Can anyone explain how they handle 0x7D being recieved from Battle.net? (Visual Basic)

How do I extract all that data from the packet?

You can refer to BnetDocs for the packet's structure. I just don't know how to do that in VB.

Quote from: Myndfyre on April 02, 2004, 09:44 AM
I remember Chr0nic having the same problem.  I wonder if this isn't just a new account for him.  :P

I am happy to report I sucessfully parsed this packet without help from stuck up programmers like yourself MyndFire

Edit:

Quote from: Simi on April 03, 2004, 12:26 PM
Yep, Its chr0nic all right. Recently that guy has been trying to make his sentences complete by adding periods and all that other stuff (commas, question marks, etc). Did I miss something? Did chr0nic get banned?

Um.....it's not me you retard. Ask an admin to check the IP's or something.

If anything, I think Simi should be banned from these forums, as he only posts to flame people.

Edit2:

If you want this code written in VB for you, I'm sorry to say, perhaps you shouldn't be writing bots. As this was quite a fun packet, and it took me only around 30 minutes. So if you really wrote your own bot personally, this shouldn't be very hard.

nYko

I didn't write my own bot. I am simply adding onto a friends project.

MyndFyre

Quote from: ChR0NiC on April 03, 2004, 12:49 PM

Quote from: Myndfyre on April 02, 2004, 09:44 AM
I remember Chr0nic having the same problem.  I wonder if this isn't just a new account for him.  :P

I am happy to report I sucessfully parsed this packet without help from stuck up programmers like yourself MyndFire

Excuse me?  I distinctly remember spending over an hour with you on AIM trying to get you to understand what a null character was and how to find where the strings began and ended.  Don't give me that crap.

Secondarily, what I said wasn't meant as a dig at you.  It wouldn't be the first time someone registerred a new account to get help because people were sick of helping that specific person.  Saying "I remember Chr0nic had this problem" was just me thinking that I remembered you having this problem, nothing more.  So get off me Mr. Ungrateful!
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

ChR0NiC

Quote from: Myndfyre on April 03, 2004, 07:06 PM
Excuse me?  I distinctly remember spending over an hour with you on AIM trying to get you to understand what a null character was and how to find where the strings began and ended.  Don't give me that crap.

Secondarily, what I said wasn't meant as a dig at you.  It wouldn't be the first time someone registerred a new account to get help because people were sick of helping that specific person.  Saying "I remember Chr0nic had this problem" was just me thinking that I remembered you having this problem, nothing more.  So get off me Mr. Ungrateful!

Stealth actually taught me what a null character what around 3 months ago, and I don't recall the other stuff you claim to have helped me with. Plus, you were the one who first accused me of creating the second account, followed up by BaDDBLooD and Simi.

Edit: Sorry about the disrespect but I am quite offended that people would accuse me of doing such a thing.

nYko

MydeFire, maybe you could help me parse this packet over AIM?

Please IM me. My screen name is: ex1led0ne

Thanks a lot.

Soul Taker

Sometimes when I'm reading the BotDev forum, I get really confused and think to myself "How did I end up in the stupid people arguing about stupid things forum?"...

nYko

Quote from: Soul Taker on April 05, 2004, 05:30 AM
Sometimes when I'm reading the BotDev forum, I get really confused and think to myself "How did I end up in the stupid people arguing about stupid things forum?"...

Oh, you're cool. I'm just stupid because I am asking for help. Wow, you are superior to me because you were born knowing everything about Battle.net's 0x7D packet. I shouldn't have asked for help. My bad.

Adron

Quote from: nYko on April 06, 2004, 05:16 AM
Oh, you're cool. I'm just stupid because I am asking for help. Wow, you are superior to me because you were born knowing everything about Battle.net's 0x7D packet. I shouldn't have asked for help. My bad.

Yes, obviously! We're all cool, and you're the only one who is stupid.

Just look at you, you started this topic asking for help!. You may observe that we all, every single one of us, fully understand the 0x7D packet, and that we have done so ever since opening our eyes for the first time. Yes, not having such basic knowledge, you must be utterly stupid.

You may now thank us for sharing our divine wisdom with a poor lost soul as yourself, and then crawl back under whatever rock you were hiding under before. Having you sitting here begging for crumbs from our feast on knowledge leaves a stain on the surface of our perfect world.

Shoo!

Soul Taker

Maybe you should read what I said again, and keep in mind that the mentioned forum is for housing arguments.

Newby

I don't think he was talking about you. I think he was talking about Chr0nic and Myndfire.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

|