• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Algorithms Class Homework

Started by K, March 29, 2004, 02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddox

Quote from: Yoni on April 04, 2004, 09:55 PM
Quote from: K on April 04, 2004, 03:58 PM
Quote from: dxoigmn on April 04, 2004, 03:49 PM
What book do you use in your Algorithms course?

We use a collection of notes that my professor has written, but the suggested book that some our assignments reference is Introduction to Algorithms, Second Edition by  Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest, and Stein. (CLRS)
That is one of the best books ever written. I have it in Hebrew.

Well I have it in Latin.
asdf.

dxoigmn

Quote from: K on April 04, 2004, 03:58 PM
Quote from: dxoigmn on April 04, 2004, 03:49 PM
What book do you use in your Algorithms course?

We use a collection of notes that my professor has written, but the suggested book that some our assignments reference is Introduction to Algorithms, Second Edition by  Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest, and Stein. (CLRS)

Hehe ahh yes.  Tom Cormen is the CS Undergraduate Advisor here, and teaches the Algorithms course sometimes.  Is a good book indeed, I hope he teaches the course when I take it :)

Maddox

You know that Dartmouth College has the same engineering rating as San Jose State.
asdf.

K

Haha I wonder what our engineering rating is...I know what our party school rating is.  ;)

MyndFyre

Ours at Arizona State is (from US News and World Report) 33, but it's definitely not because of our CS department.  :-/

I've been programming in BASIC since I was 8 or 9 (when I first could get my hands on GW-BASIC and some Apple II's).  I started Javascript when I was 13.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Maddox

Quote from: K on April 05, 2004, 06:15 PM
Haha I wonder what our engineering rating is...I know what our party school rating is.  ;)

Some of the top 100 best undergraduate engineering programs

5 is the highest.
MIT : 4.8
UCLA : 3.7
University of Colorado - Boulder : 3.5
Az. Sate: 3.3
Yale : 3.3
Dartmouth : 3.2
Washington State : 2.9
San Jose State : 3.2
asdf.

K

Quote from: Maddox on April 05, 2004, 07:37 PM
Quote from: K on April 05, 2004, 06:15 PM

Some of the top 100 best undergraduate engineering programs

5 is the highest.
MIT : 4.8
UCLA : 3.7
University of Colorado - Boulder : 3.5
Az. Sate: 3.3
Yale : 3.3
Darmouth : 3.2
Washington Sate ; 2.9
San Jose State : 3.2

Sweet, I have a 3.5 GPA too.