• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Non - Bnls

Started by Denial, March 28, 2004, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChR0NiC

Quote from: Denial on March 28, 2004, 11:28 PM
Which would be better making a new server or making a .dll instead

A new server would be more "advantagous" on your behalf because you could sell the source for more. But with the dll people would already be able to Hash W3. Therefore I personally would not bid on it. But if you wanna release the .dll I'll take it :P. I wouldn't mind either way :)

ChR0NiC

Quote from: ChR0NiC on March 28, 2004, 11:14 PM
The only advantages would be variety of servers. Which might from time to time be advantagous but nothing out of the ordinary.

Quote from: o.OV on March 28, 2004, 11:30 PM
Sorry chr0nic..
but I am NOT going to consider EASN an option. :P

What about Eurijk!'s server?? He hosted WarNet didn't he?? And it was 100% safe??

effect

People hate change , change = bad , bad = no thx , no thx = head-aches , get me?

EDIT, Denial , i believe in your rightous might you said you where going to make it "public" , all i see so far is you trying to take the podium and setup your own server. I wouldnt call this realeasing it to the public.
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

o.OV

Quote from: ChR0NiC on March 28, 2004, 11:26 PM
Quote from: NuLL on March 28, 2004, 11:24 PM
My only question is ...  if you where so quick to indeed take the source why wont you be so quick to take my account once i logon.

He has the source to process the packets and hash the passwords and cd keys...he cannot view what is sent to and from the server.

Edit: That is.....if he actually has the source code :P :P :P :P :P

Yes he can. The key/pass is sent to the remote hashing server for hashing then the hashed results are sent back. And I believe he does have the source since the security issue was made known on another thread soon after Denial made his announcement.
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. - Albert Einstein

Newby

Step one: Click folder with BNLS source in it
Step two: Hold shift and push delete
Step three: Hit enter

Then life continues.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

ChR0NiC

But the ability to hash w3 would commense great pride into one's self. And other than the fact of less people using BNLS to keep the server faster and running more smooth (not that it doesn't already) wouldn't be disasterous??

ChR0NiC

Quote from: NuLL on March 28, 2004, 11:24 PM
My only question is ...  if you where so quick to indeed take the source why wont you be so quick to take my account once i logon.

Quote from: ChR0NiC on March 28, 2004, 11:26 PM
He has the source to process the packets and hash the passwords and cd keys...he cannot view what is sent to and from the server.

Edit: That is.....if he actually has the source code :P :P :P :P :P

Quote from: o.OV on March 28, 2004, 11:34 PM
Yes he can. The key/pass is sent to the remote hashing server for hashing then the hashed results are sent back. And I believe he does have the source since the security issue was made known on another thread soon after Denial made his announcement.

He has the source code......he doesn't have access to the logs for christ sakes.

effect

ChR0NiC

Quote from: NuLL on March 28, 2004, 11:37 PM
Your an idiot

Actually, the correct spelling would be

you're an idiot

Being the use of "you are an idiot" as a contraction.

Edit: No flaming idiot -.-

effect

You seriously need to read over your post's and look at your arguements ,

Your saying he cant access the password? , he has the source of course he can (even if it was non-existant) it could be added rather easily.

edit* Last time i post on this redundant topic , everyone knows he has the source woopdy doo , come and tell me when your the first man on mars then i might give a shit.

ChR0NiC

Quote from: NuLL on March 28, 2004, 11:42 PM
You seriously need to read over your post's and look at your arguements ,

Your saying he cant access the password? , he has the source of course he can (even if it was non-existant) it could be added rather easily.

Are you talking about the BNLS Logins or the BNCS Logins?? Cuz I am talking about BNCS

o.OV

Then I could see someone buying it. I might even bid myself :P :P

You are willing to bid?

Quote from: ChR0NiC on March 28, 2004, 11:30 PM
Quote from: Denial on March 28, 2004, 11:28 PM
Which would be better making a new server or making a .dll instead

A new server would be more "advantagous" on your behalf because you could sell the source for more. But with the dll people would already be able to Hash W3. Therefore I personally would not bid on it. But if you wanna release the .dll I'll take it :P. I wouldn't mind either way :)

You aren't willing to bid?
Make up your mind guy.

And I already pointed out that he wouldn't get any bids with a new DLL coming out.

Quote from: o.OV on March 28, 2004, 10:53 PM
You won't be able to auction the source off on EBAY.
I don't believe anyone would pay for it especially if a new "bnetauth" with war3 support is going to be released.

So suddenly you agree with me? heh  ;)

ChR0NiC

If he releases the DLL I won't bid
If he doesn't release the DLL I will bid.

And no I don't agree with you -.-

o.OV

Quote from: ChR0NiC on March 29, 2004, 12:01 AM
If he releases the DLL I won't bid
If he doesn't release the DLL I will bid.

And no I don't agree with you -.-

Bullshit. I pointed out that a "bnetauth" with war3 support
is being released and you said you might bid for the source.

Quote from: o.OV on March 28, 2004, 10:53 PM
You won't be able to auction the source off on EBAY.
I don't believe anyone would pay for it especially if a new "bnetauth" with war3 support is going to be released.

Edit: But perhaps if someone would like to host their own server for less knowledgable bot writers and make it very easy for them to get connected, and do personal projects with it. Then I could see someone buying it. I might even bid myself :P :P

You are tripping up on your words chr0nic.

o.OV

Quote from: Denial on March 28, 2004, 10:44 PM
We now have a non-bnls server up called EASN Which support war3 as well as all clients

What does EASN stand for?

Quote from: Denial on March 28, 2004, 11:13 PM
No were adding war3 support to it should be done by the 3rd of april as soon as feanor stops bitching

Adding war3 support? Heck.
Why not just replace EASN =) and call it BNLS RIPOFF.

|