• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Help me get a new comp!

Started by Fr0z3N, March 27, 2004, 05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

I use AMD, go with them. :)

Custom built computers generally are cheaper and have better components since you know what's going into the sytem.

For your graphics card don't go with anything less than a Radeon 9200 Pro, that's what I have and it's able to run any of the currently released games at near perfect level. Those have also dropped in price (about $30) since I bought mine. I'd recommend the Radeon 9600 XP (or maybe it's 9600 Pro..not sure) anyway, that provides the best bang for your buck.

Make sure not to get crappy components either, spend a little bit more and it will save frustration later.

Fr0z3N

Quote from: hismajesty on March 29, 2004, 04:12 AM
I use AMD, go with them. :)

Custom built computers generally are cheaper and have better components since you know what's going into the sytem.

For your graphics card don't go with anything less than a Radeon 9200 Pro, that's what I have and it's able to run any of the currently released games at near perfect level. Those have also dropped in price (about $30) since I bought mine. I'd recommend the Radeon 9600 XP (or maybe it's 9600 Pro..not sure) anyway, that provides the best bang for your buck.

Make sure not to get crappy components either, spend a little bit more and it will save frustration later.

Sounds good, right now my comp cant run games for beens.

j0k3r

I saw an ad in the newspaper for a $450 computer from DELL, looked like a decent system for that much, could use misc. upgrades to be real good though. For that price, I'd dish out a couple hundred more to supe it up.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Fr0z3N

Yeah I saw that, I don't think its that good and I think it was in US $. Not sure.

j0k3r

For $450 it was pretty damn good, a celeron too. It was Canadian, I'm 99% sure.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Fr0z3N

I checked Dell.ca and its pretty expensive but I think it includes monitor and shit and I dont know how to get them off.