• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

2 Problems / Questions

Started by NeTworK, March 25, 2004, 08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeTworK

First off.. (vb6 programming language)
When the bot connects, after the first minute, the channel list becomes blank.. then if i rejoin or join another channel, it shows, and it doesnt seem to do that again.. why thet hell is that and how can i fix it

Second, in the keypress, when you add text, and it sends the text to bnet and to your chat screen, how would i make it so if you did any type off command with "/" in it, it wouldnt show it on the bots chatscreen, but still exicute the command...

UserLoser.

If you don't want to display messages the start with '/':

If (Left$(TextYourSending, 1) <> "/") Then
   DisplayTheTextYourSending
End If

ChR0NiC

LoL most likely you are using a recompiled bot, because there was a few sources around which have the channel list set to erase after use. Check for the erase of the array for the channel list :P I will not tell you how to do it though. I want you to learn :P

NeTworK

Quote from: UserLoser. on March 25, 2004, 08:30 PM

End If

in the DisplayTheTextYourSending
.... i thought it was "dont want to desplay messages starting with'/'

MyndFyre

Quote from: NeTworK on March 25, 2004, 09:42 PM
Quote from: UserLoser. on March 25, 2004, 08:30 PM

End If

in the DisplayTheTextYourSending
.... i thought it was "dont want to desplay messages starting with'/'

Heh, good point.  You should be able to figure out how to fix it though.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

NeTworK

I've already goten to like
If (Left$(textyoursending, 1) <> "/" Then
End If

But i dont know what to put in the center to desplay nothing...

MyndFyre

Quote from: NeTworK on March 25, 2004, 10:14 PM
I've already goten to like
If (Left$(textyoursending, 1) <> "/" Then
End If

But i dont know what to put in the center to desplay nothing...

If the left of the text you are sending is not "/", then you do display it!  Do you know that the <> operator is the inequality operator?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

l)ragon

Add <your listview control name>.ListItems.Clear in to your EventChannel.

Edit1: This is just a guess that you have that commented out or have yet to add it.
Edit2: Fixed, no comment.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

UserLoser.

Quote from: dRAgoN on March 26, 2004, 01:57 AM
add <your listview control name>.Clear in to your EventChannel.

Edit: this is just a guess that you have that commented out or have yet to add it.

To correct you, it's listview.ListItems.Clear

Gangz

If (Left$(strtext, 1) = "/" Then exit sub
End If

maybe? <> is saying that if the 1st letter doesnt = "/" then exit sub. its the exact oposite of the reaction you wanted.
For the channels

formname.listbox.clear

try that before joining any new channels

hismajesty

As has been said:

If (Left$(strSend, 1) <> "/" Then
      AddC "some text", vbWhite 'Or whatever you use for displaying text
End If

QuoteWhen the bot connects, after the first minute, the channel list becomes blank.. then if i rejoin or join another channel, it shows, and it doesnt seem to do that again.. why thet hell is that and how can i fix it

Perhaps posting some code that may be causing this would help.

MyndFyre

Guys... c'mon...  this isn't difficult.  Let me go through it line-by-line, and I'll make everything as deliberate as I can:

' Declare the text to send
Dim textToSend As String
' make it the text in the textbox.
textToSend = txtSend.Text
' Declare another string -- this being the first character of the text to send.
Dim firstChar As String
' GET the first character
firstChar = Left$(textToSend, 1)

' if the first character is not equal to "/"
If firstChar <> "/" Then
' then add the text to send to the chat window.
 AddChat vbGreen, textToSend
End If

This is not complicated.

hismajesty

MyndFyre: That has been posted multiple times.

MyndFyre

Quote from: hismajesty on March 27, 2004, 08:15 AM
MyndFyre: That has been posted multiple times.

hismajesty: I'm keenly aware of that.  Evidently many people here are retards who can't figure out what the code does, so I made it as plainly and deliberate as possible.  If you notice, I posted a shorter version of the same thing a few replies ago in the same thread, but didn't explain it.

Archangel

QuoteI'm keenly aware of that.  Evidently many people here are retards who can't figure out what the code does.

He is right, like alot of people dont know what code means, they use this forums for learning Programming.
I'm not an Addict.