• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Java Applet (phone)

Started by Gangz, March 13, 2004, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gangz

As many of you might know all the new phones support Java and you can create your own applets. Is it possible to create one that could connect to Battle.Net. As long as the phone has internet capabilities. If it is possible anyone willing to take the challenge on with me?

Stealth

I would think that Battle.net text moves too fast for a phone display...
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

iago

I've got an almost-working Java bot.  I suppose it can be turned into an applet if there's some way to turn down the security manager to connect to 3rd party servers.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Skywing

Also note that storing the vercheck files will take up quite a lot of (probably very limited) available permanent memory.  For this reason, you may want to consider something like BNLS to save a couple megabytes.

iago

Quote from: Skywing on March 13, 2004, 12:41 PM
Also note that storing the vercheck files will take up quite a lot of (probably very limited) available permanent memory.  For this reason, you may want to consider something like BNLS to save a couple megabytes.

*ugh* agreed ;).  I was thinking of a remote applet, though, so you could store the version check files on the remote server and just forward the data to an applet front, somewhat like webbot.

warz

That's a neat idea. I'd like to see that follow through.

Gangz

If you guys wanna see soem of the applets that the phones can handle(wich is alot more then i thought) go to www.tagtag.com. It cane handle whole games like sonic and shit

iago

Quote from: warz on March 13, 2004, 12:46 PM

I might actually do that, it wouldn't be all that difficult.  The front end would be best to be an applet, but the server side could be a jsp script or a servlet or even a custom program.  Actually, the front end could really be anything if you're just broadcasting like webchannel.

Gangz

Quote from: iago on March 13, 2004, 03:17 PM
Quote from: warz on March 13, 2004, 12:46 PM

I might actually do that, it wouldn't be all that difficult.  The front end would be best to be an applet, but the server side could be a jsp script or a servlet or even a custom program.  Actually, the front end could really be anything if you're just broadcasting like webchannel.

Would love to see it iago... I will be a beta tester for you on the phone :p or if anyone else wants.. i will help create and beta it on my phone

MyndFyre

somewhat related: for my bot API that I'm creating (the .NET equivalent of CSB), I'm trying to keep it as close as I can to the Compact .NET Framework.  It will be portable to Windows CE/Pocket PC 2002/2003/Windows Mobile with the .NET CF installed.  =)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.