• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

More e-mail worms!

Started by Raven, March 09, 2004, 10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Quote from: tA-Kane on March 10, 2004, 01:45 PM
I'm immune to nearly every virus or worm that is active today. Especially the ones that require an x86 processor.

Joke virii are much better than malicious virii. I want to write a virus that, before it infects software, it backs it up (for easy virus removal), then infects it. Then, whenever that software is launched, it makes a fart sound and says "oops, that was loud". That would be so hilarious. In my eyes, anyways. And the best part would be the removal of the virus. It'd be easy because the software would have been backed up before infection.
I've had an idea for sometime that an OS that could yell BACK @ you if you were to curse at it for doing something that you didn't want it to, would be AWESOME!

I don't know that I've gotten TOO MANY worms from email.  But 1 is truely enough.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

muert0

Gigabyte, the Belgian girl (19) who wrote the first-ever C# virus, was arrested by Belgian authorities.

The Sharp virus (aka W32/Sharp-A and W32/Sharpei@mm) is a proof of concept virus, written in 2002 by Gigabyte aka MetaPhase. She always claimed she wrote the virus to "break the stereotype that virus-writers are always male".

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32sharpa.html

All it does is send the attachment to everyone in your outlook box and say, "You're infected with Win32.HLLP.Sharp, written in C#, by Gigabyte/Metaphase"

I found this information on another forum I just thought it went with this. Even a joke costs people money and would be considered a crime.

she
To lazy for slackware.

Hitmen

Written in C# eh? So I guess people without the .NET framework are pretty safe from that one.

muert0

It was just to prove she could do it. She wrote it and then displayed the source on her website. She wasn't the one who released it.
To lazy for slackware.

tA-Kane

Quote from: crashtestdummy on March 10, 2004, 10:16 PMShe wrote it and then displayed the source on her website. She wasn't the one who released it.
So it's illegal to simply *write* a virus, and not release it? I'd never move to belgium. And woe be unto us if the U.S. is the same way.

That's simply outrageous.
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

iago

Quote from: tA-Kane on March 11, 2004, 08:49 PM
Quote from: crashtestdummy on March 10, 2004, 10:16 PMShe wrote it and then displayed the source on her website. She wasn't the one who released it.
So it's illegal to simply *write* a virus, and not release it? I'd never move to belgium. And woe be unto us if the U.S. is the same way.

I would imagine it's more for the "making it public" part.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

j0k3r

Quote from: iago on March 11, 2004, 09:50 PM

Isn't it just a clump of code, and if it was the first one written in C# it might open up new ideas to people and teach them something valuable? Isn't it the programmer's choice whether to make it open source or not? Can the creator(s) of linux be arrested for writing open source?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

iago

Quote from: j0k3r on March 11, 2004, 10:12 PM
Quote from: iago on March 11, 2004, 09:50 PM

Isn't it just a clump of code, and if it was the first one written in C# it might open up new ideas to people and teach them something valuable? Isn't it the programmer's choice whether to make it open source or not? Can the creator(s) of linux be arrested for writing open source?

An open-source virus is a little different from Linux.  Now if windows was open source, that might be more comparable ;)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*