• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

DataBase Connecting

Started by PaiD, February 22, 2003, 09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaiD

Ok, I have changed my bot plans now.It will be only for my Clan Members. So now i want to have a database so that I could look at it and see who is useing it(It would tell me the bots Master),there Registeration key code, The Gatway they are on, and Time of Connection. Also I would like a way where I could disconnect there bot. Any1 know how to do this?

Yoni

You could use the BotNet to keep track of them. Ask Skywing for more details.

PaiD

I dont wish to use botnet. Also I want to have it connect to the database without the user knowing it

Spht

QuoteI dont wish to use botnet. Also I want to have it connect to the database without the user knowing it

Any specific reason why you don't want to use BotNet? I find it very reliable for what I use it for (news and broadcasting system for EternalChat clients).

PaiD

b/c I dont know what goes on on the botnet thing. Also I dont know what you would have access to on my bot.

Crypticflare

I'm really interested in the botnet feature, are there any documents on it? I think it would be neat to try and use that.

Skywing

Quoteb/c I dont know what goes on on the botnet thing. Also I dont know what you would have access to on my bot.
If you're worried about that, you could always require commands to your bots over BotNet to be signed with a key only you have.

BnetDocs has some information on the BotNet protocol.

PaiD

Well I want to use my Database idea(about the botnet thing, I was talking about who ever runs botnet, I didnt want to to have access to my bot or its key of my users) b/c I will only have the information that I want and I can control what I get and stuff.
I dont wish to use Botnet or BNLS b/c I dont like the idea that others have access to the bot loaders information. I know that you say it is not recorded after it is sent to bnet, but I want to be on the safe side.

Skywing

QuoteWell I want to use my Database idea(about the botnet thing, I was talking about who ever runs botnet, I didnt want to to have access to my bot or its key of my users) b/c I will only have the information that I want and I can control what I get and stuff.
I dont wish to use Botnet or BNLS b/c I dont like the idea that others have access to the bot loaders information. I know that you say it is not recorded after it is sent to bnet, but I want to be on the safe side.
Those are reasonable concerns; however, cryptographically signing messages is a technique which can make it nearly impossible (e.g. would take hundreds of years with today's supercomputers) to fake a message without having the private key.  BotNet has nothing to do with providing logon information for Battle.net; it's merely an organizational tool for bots.

PaiD

hrm
    Can I get any information that I wanted on botnet about the bots???

Yoni

Yes

PaiD

who runs bot net? And also how would I get to bot net and have power over my bots?

Camel

QuoteWell I want to use my Database idea(about the botnet thing, I was talking about who ever runs botnet, I didnt want to to have access to my bot or its key of my users) b/c I will only have the information that I want and I can control what I get and stuff.

key of the users? the only reason that would be availible on botnet would be if you were trying to steal their key through botnet...

Spht

Quotewho runs bot net? And also how would I get to bot net and have power over my bots?

The BotNet service is hosted on the Valhalla Legends server. If you are interested in supporting it, consult the documentation at http://www.valhallalegends.com/files/BotNetProtocol.txt

Camel

QuoteSo it's something like this?
int ret = completely_uncrackable_authentication(..params..);
switch(ret) {
case E_DENIED:
    YouCantRunThis();
    break;
case E_UPDATE:
    YouMustUpdateFirst();
    break;
case E_OK:
    RunBot();
    break;
default:
    WTF_YOU_HACKER();
    break;
};

Like Kp said -- then there's no point.  People will just jump to the RunBot() address directly.

yeah, but he's using vb...so the asm would be total spaghetti, difficult to read. :)

[edit]and even so, just because something is crackable doesnt mean its not worth using

|