Started by Skywing, February 10, 2004, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l)ragon

Quote from: Denial on February 16, 2004, 01:59 PM
ok ya i tried the ingame play and it works perfectly i owned me some computers

P.S. if you didn't see half-life works pretty nice

btw HL is allready windowable.

Edit: -window comand line
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Spht

Quote from: dRAgoN on February 16, 2004, 10:32 PM

So are other games I've tried, but by default they run non-window so it's nice to test DxWnd on as many things as possible.

iago

Quote from: Skywing on February 16, 2004, 09:23 PM
Quote from: TheMinistered on February 16, 2004, 09:08 PM
I'm curious how you inject a .NET dll into SC.  Do you drag the entire .NET runtime/clr/whatever it uses into the SC address space?
I don't... none of that is .NET.

he was probably confused by the fact that it uses .net runtimes (ie, vc7 stuff).
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

l)ragon

Quote from: Spht on February 17, 2004, 10:51 AM
Quote from: dRAgoN on February 16, 2004, 10:32 PM

So are other games I've tried, but by default they run non-window so it's nice to test DxWnd on as many things as possible.

I realized what your getting at just after I posted, I was going to remove the post but I figured he never knew that command line.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Skywing

This corrects a crash when programs called GetProcAddress with an ordinal.

Additionally, it introduces preliminary Direct3D8 support to the generic patcher.  Because this has not been well tested, use at your own risk.

You can now use Civilization III with DxWnd (it crashed in previous versions due to the GetProcAddress problem mentioned above).  Non-standard settings are required in order for it to function properly; see Compatibility.txt in the program package for more details.

Skywing

This version adds some new compatibility options (such as overriding the game window size).

You need to use some of these to get Civilization III working completely - see the updated Compatibility.txt.

Soul Taker

This has always worked with SC, but I just installed Diablo and it just runs it in fullscreen.  Something I'm not thinking of?

Skywing

Quote from: Soul Taker on April 11, 2004, 04:38 PM
This has always worked with SC, but I just installed Diablo and it just runs it in fullscreen.  Something I'm not thinking of?
I'll see if I can reproduce the problem - are you using the latest Diablo version, or the retail CD version?

Soul Taker

Quote from: Skywing on April 15, 2004, 02:17 AM
Quote from: Soul Taker on April 11, 2004, 04:38 PM
I'll see if I can reproduce the problem - are you using the latest Diablo version, or the retail CD version?
Latest version, I play it on Bnet daily.

DiskoLLama

This dosen't work for Warcraft 3 TFT or ROC. The generic patch(no customization) doesn't load the game in a window(war3.exe) and I don't think any possible combination of customization can allow the game to run in a window.

Perhaps another game-specific patch is required?

*edit*

Stupid me, Warcraft3 already has a windowed option. My bad.

MyndFyre

Quote from: DiskoLLama on October 22, 2004, 07:40 AM
This dosen't work for Warcraft 3 TFT or ROC. The generic patch(no customization) doesn't load the game in a window(war3.exe) and I don't think any possible combination of customization can allow the game to run in a window.

Perhaps another game-specific patch is required?

*edit*

Stupid me, Warcraft3 already has a windowed option. My bad.

Stupid you, you 1.) revived a post dead for 6 months, and 2.) talked about a Dx7 utility not working for a program that requires Dx8 or better.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

setsukun

I'm trying to get Final Fantasy 7 to work with DxWnd, and so far no luck.

Final Fantasy 7 has a quarter screen option where it just loads the game in your desktop resolution and throws the game into the center of the screen with black around it. I like the way the game looks like, but I'd rather have it in a movable window.

Skywing

jwilcox25

I love this program, and was wondering if it's still in development. Definitely has more options and customizability than the MapleStory version of DxWnd. I would love to see support for more programs like Zuma (higher than 640x480), Risk II, and Worms Armageddon.

Implementing resize filters like hq2x would also be awesome! I'd be happy to help in anyway I can.